PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have electrical problems with their ktm motors? common problems? connections?

fasterblaster02
07-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I keep having a problem with my 525 after going through water with my outlaw, it will act like it is hitting the rev limiter. I wondered if i should sart with tps or what? i may just cut my tether kill switch off, just wondering of any other problems people may have.
thanks.

GE4x4
07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Dissconnect yor tether first to see if you have same issue.

sheriff525
07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
It is just the connections getting a little bit of water in them. Once they dry out the bike will run fine. It happens. Best way to fix it is use di-electric grease in the connections. That will stop water from getting at the connections and keep the current going where it needs too. I have had the same problem every once in a while, so I just keep going and the heat of the motor or the air dries it out pretty fast and it clears quickly. I just pray it doesn't happen in the middle of the creek. That would suck!

fasterblaster02
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
GE what exactly do you mean. This is the same problem we thought was jetting, but it always happens after going thru water. I am at Hatfield McCoy trails right now and i need it to run good. I think that you are right sheriff525 i need to grease the connections, i have done a few already.

sheriff525
07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
especially the teather!

GE4x4
07-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster02
GE what exactly do you mean. This is the same problem we thought was jetting, but it always happens after going thru water. I am at Hatfield McCoy trails right now and i need it to run good. I think that you are right sheriff525 i need to grease the connections, i have done a few already.

True, but now you say it only happens going through water, so now it's elec. I have heard some with this issue reguarding the tether. So if you dissconect it and it doesn't do it anymore, then you isolated the problem. I taped mine all up and go through a lot of water and have no issue, but if not taped, I could see this happening to you.