PDA

View Full Version : Side Plastic on a 400ex

bigb426ex
01-07-2003, 07:16 PM
What does anyone do on their black side panels to help keep them in decent shape on a 400ex? I just bought new side panels and want to keep them looking good for a little while because my knees rub against them quite a bit becuase I ride quite a few harescramble races. I know it's inevitable that they will be scratched up but just wanted to know if anybody out there has any tips or tricks?:)

4TraxRider
01-07-2003, 08:08 PM
If you have teh black sides and they are still in good condition, try this. I get black # plate background and put it about where your knees rub. It blends in pretty good, adn when it starts to wear, just put new stuff on.

jb400exxx
01-07-2003, 08:23 PM
you could use clear mailing tape, or get some carbon fiber look-a-like tape stuff, or whetever it's called.

bigb426ex
01-10-2003, 11:05 AM
I ended up trying clear contact paper from Wal-Mart and so far it worked great. I just cut a template out for both the left and right side of the panels and stuck it on. It also peels off alright as well. It doesn't look that bad. I'm just going to use it for when I race. I have a harescramble race this weekend so I'll tell everyone how it holds up.

pairanutz
01-11-2003, 09:08 AM
i use a thick vinyl i got from my local bike shop it is used to go over decals -it is very thick and durabel and if it gets scratched just use plastic polish on it and it will shine and doesnt wear off ive had mine for 2 years it comes in sheets of 4 for less than 20 bucks its called-factory concept its made by 3m