PDA

View Full Version : Questions about widening my quad

Pack
07-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I found some "Wicked" A-Arms, and a G-Force Rear Axle that only goes go 4 inches extra (making my quad about 50 inches total), is that going to make enough of a difference?

Also, when it comes to trail-riding, how much is it going to suck?

Any additional comments, feel free. Thanks, guys, I need tons of opinions/advice on this.

UnderFire
07-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Pack
I found some "Wicked" A-Arms, and a G-Force Rear Axle that only goes go 4 inches extra (making my quad about 50 inches total), is that going to make enough of a difference?

Also, when it comes to trail-riding, how much is it going to suck?

Any additional comments, feel free. Thanks, guys, I need tons of opinions/advice on this.

+2 in front and +4 in back is normal, you will also want to extend the swing arm +2, it makes a big difference, if you ride dirtbike trails, you can prop yourself up over the ruts.

Pack
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
What's the best way to extend my swingarm? Got a link?

mxpimp2000
07-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Pack
What's the best way to extend my swingarm? Got a link?

+2 swinger on a yfz? wow thats alot and i see pros run stock swingarms, u cannot extend the swingarm. u can buy a extended one for 600+ but a +2 would be worthless to me u wouldnt even be able to ride a wheelie

Pack
07-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok. Minus the Swingarm, is 4 inches in width too much or too little? Or is is just right? Should I go more, or less, when it comes to doing a little bit of everything, including tight trails.

mxpimp2000
07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
u cant go wrong with a +4 axle because u can adjust it when u wanna ride tails.

as far as the front goes u can get offset wheels or some wheel spacers to accomodate a +2 width to match the rear. if u are a hardcore mx racer like my self i wouldnt mess with wheel spacers, u can also flip ur wheels around inside out but that puts stress on ball joints but i ran a blaster like that for 3years racing mx and just bought a rear axle

if u buy +2 arms u cant adjust them like u can the axle. just weight out ur options and pro and cons of wat ur buying. also G-force axles arent very good when it comes to jumping the bend and break easy

proctorbc2005
07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I have a G-Force axel, I had to replace it once because I hit a tree at 40 + mph. RMATV has a great no hassel return policy, so if you bend your axel, a couple of days later you get a new one. You cant say this for other brand axels, who will tell you it is no longer covered, or the bend was not a "manufacture" defect.

My Houser a-arms are a +1 I usually run the rear axel at a +2 and never have problem in the trails. In fact it helps alot in the trail where other have dug deep ruts, with the extra width, I get a little more grip, and do not high center as often.

For wheel spacers, as long as you are not going to be jumping, there a great cheap fix for extra width.