PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

zerolm
07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I have an 06 LTR and had to split the cases (4th driven gear lost a tooth). All the other gears look great although it seems some people have had trouble with 3rd gear. I also seem to remember something about a shift stop they were recommending, maybe someone can enlighten me on what to do with this.
Also being that I will obviously be reassembling the top end I was thinking of a 13.5 to 1 piston (I race cars and literally have drums of 112 octane at my disposal), a intake cam, and a slip on exhaust. It seems from reading some of you guy's post that an exahust cam is not essential that is why I say just an intake cam.I do not race the bike (used to race in my younger day) but I do ride hard mostly at MX tracks. I really don't want to break the bank on the project and was wondering not only if this would be a good power combination, but also what part manufacturers you would recommend.
I already have a Quadworks power commander(are these worth a darn?) and K&N. Is there a way of knowing approximately where to set the commander for the mods I listed?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your time

turdboy
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
If you are gonna raise the comp. and add an intake cam you will need to have it dyno tuned, I don't know how your power commander works, but I am in the process right now of having mine tuned on a dyno after installing a different piston, intake cam, and porting. Unless you can magically tune your engine and know the correct fuel to air ratios I would not risk it. Get it dyno tuned. The part you are asking about is a shift pin relocator, I think they are about 40 bucks and you can get them through Fuel atv. You might as well put one in there since you have it apart.