PDA

View Full Version : DRR90 wont start need help

jordie
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
hey i am new to mini quads and i just picked up an 07 drr 90 with a bigger carb and v force reeds other wise i think the motor is pretty stock. the oil injector has been taken out i guess so i am running 32 to 1 mixture. i took it to the local sand dunes and it ran fine the whole day. at the end of the day it began to get harder to start and eventully stalled out. i took apart the carb and cleaned it. cleaned the airfilter put new gas in and it wouldnt start so i shot a bit of fuel in the carb. it started up and i buzzed around the block a bit shortly after it died again and now it wont start. i am off to get a new plug but i think its a bigger problem.
i know its hard to diagnose a problem from the internet but i was just wondering is there any tricks or things to do to get them running good.

thanks

riding4fun
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
My guess is that the carb needs to be taken off and every jet removed to be cleaned. Also take the air mixture screw out and clean that.

That happened to me at the dunes. Carb just needed to be cleaned.

bulldogfallon
07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Also check the gas tank vent tube to be safe....

I think Steve is providing solid data here

hotquads1
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
also confirm compression , a little sand past the filter and the rings go quick .
marc

jordie
07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
ok so i put a new plug in today ran perfect zipped around the nieghberhood so i took it out the the dunes again and same thing it died , my dad was saying its cuase my ratio of oil i am running. he said cuase im on synthetic i have to mix it half as weak so i should be running a 64 to 1 is this correct ?
another thing i think maybe it could still have the oil injection but i cannot find the resevor so im pretty sure its been taken out. with the v force reeds and aftermarket carb and air filter what premix should i be running on synthetic.

riding4fun
07-22-2009, 01:58 PM
What plug are you running?
I use Amsoil Dominator at 50/1