PDA

View Full Version : foot brake installation

vindell
07-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Have a drr 70, just purchased a few weeks ago. got a foot brake in the deal, brand new. have ac nerf's on it. what is the best way to install. please reply.

edwardsp&b
07-20-2009, 08:02 AM
i have done 2 and what i did was, first take out the swinger bolt. i also flip my bolt around so that the nut goes on the caliper side.
then i set the bracket up and bolt on the caliper. after this i hook up the linkage to the pedal and try to figure out where i want the pedal at around the nerfs. then i take a drill bit (1/8maybe?) and drill the small hole through the bracket and tab that holds swinger in. (should be a hole already in the bracket). then i go to store and get small bolt, washer and lock nut and lock it down. bolt the swinger nut back up and that part is done. some people ive seen have used the old rear front brake line for the new rear. id rather have a braided line to the caliper but both will work. after that mount your resi. zip tie your lines, and bleed away. any other probs, hit me back.
bryan

vindell
07-20-2009, 09:32 AM
not sure I followed that. This is the foot brake, caliper is on, this is a piece that looks like it attached by the pegs'. Are we talking about the same thing. thanks for your help.

edwardsp&b
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM
im sorry i meant the pump that the footbrake pedal attaches to. but yes we are tallking about the same thing.

biggest thing is to make sure the pedal is where you want it before you drill the the bracket, and bolt the footbrake assy back up. any questions, message me and ill give you my cell #
bryan