PDA

View Full Version : Dirt bike jump problem

quad janern
07-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi there.
I recently got a Cr125, and me and a friend made a little track a few days ago where we ride and practice.
The problem is that the ground is very loose. Its like sand.
2 rounds around the track and the jumps has deep holes in it, and that sucks.

I wondered if you guys know what we should do with the jumps ? I was thinking about it and maybe i could find a big carpet or something to lay over the jump, then smack some big bolts in the carpet and down in the ground, so the carpet stays in the same position every time.
Or will we rip the carpet apart afterwards when we ride on it ?
Hmm looking for suggestions
:confused:

jesseweaver
07-20-2009, 06:49 AM
what are you packing the dirt with? you gotta pack it really tight... but keep in mind the more rutted up and rough the jumps are, the better you're gonna get. the faces aren't all nice and perfect during a race

quad janern
07-20-2009, 07:38 AM
We are packing it pretty hard with a New holland tractor like this one
http://www.fgu.no/images/New%20Holland%20TSA%20135.jpg
The whole place is mostly loose sand.
After a few hours of riding we barely fly in he air. The jump face has some really deep tracks into it and thats no fun.

quad janern
07-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
but keep in mind the more rutted up and rough the jumps are, the better you're gonna get. the faces aren't all nice and perfect during a race

Yeah i know but im riding a Dirtbike just for fun. Im racing with my quad instead.

shane071489
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
no lie you might laugh but i know this works for a fact put a piece of plywood across it

300extreme#8
07-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Might sound crazy but don't ride on it for awhile maybe 3 weeks or longer, let rain and erozion pact it for u. It should get nice and hard then. Most people build a jump and start jumping as soon as they park the tractor. U test it and water it and let it pack down good. But with sand, nature will do it for u

TrapZ400
07-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Get some gravel and mix it in with the sand and pack it in on the face of the jump. I have a sand track and thats what I do. It works good! Its better than fixing the face of the jump every day.

mxduner
07-20-2009, 07:46 PM
if possible, use not just a blade/bucket use the front or rear tire of that tractor when it's wet. look at a asphalt compacter and then look at the soil compacter drums, and those tires will do about the same, and then let it sit for a week or so.if you pack each bucket down that helps on the bigger jumps. we use the carpet trick and that is helpful. the gravel idea sounds good also. straight up clay is your best bet.

quad janern
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Hmm yeah i will try different things out.
Open to more ideas :macho

07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
put big sheets of OSB wood over it