PDA

View Full Version : My 1988 Chevy Silverado truck-need advice

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok, so I got this 1988 Chevy Silverado K1500 4x4 pickup truck that I have been spending a lot of money on to fix and get it driveable and just when I almost got it done, when I drove it to register it, the transmission overdrive and drive gears when out in the brand new transmission I just got for it. And now I am broke, no money to fix this truck, the transmission is going to cost another $600 to rebuild and all, but I can't and I don't trust buying a transmission from a junk yard or a used one from someone cause I haven't had much good luck with those, so I am wondering what I should do. My thoughts were to either sell the truck or part it out and I got a bunch of aftermarket parts on this truck like edelbrock shocks, and new style gm side mirrors, new aries step bars, 15" wheels/rims with wide track tires, radiator hoses, new starter, and alternator, and a whole bunch of parts I can't think of, but I am wondering what I should do. Can anyone please help me out. I can get pictures, but right now it will be hard cause I don't have a vehicle to use and I have been looking at buying a newer truck, but I need to get rid of this one. Just want to know if I part this truck out, who would be interested in buying parts and stuff from me?

gcart2
07-19-2009, 05:06 PM
pics?

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
07-19-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't have any pictures yet, but I can get some tomorrow, I'll try. Would you be interested in this truck or any parts off it?