PDA

View Full Version : throttle response problems??

MajesticTRX250R
07-19-2009, 04:58 PM
i just recently did a rebuild and went through my first tank of gas....halfway through the process my wheeler would keep dying and run real boggy i figured it was to rich of a mix but now i'm on my normal amsoil 50:1.

ok so anyway, i start it up and let it idle for a bit....when i try to rev it up there is nothing there but when i let go it revs up...its like majorly delayed and is still real boggy....if its idling and i push the throttle all the way down it just dies.

when i put it in gear to take off it wants to die...i have to rev it up high to get out of the boggy stage then it gets crisp and i let the clutch out and take off...if i was to do it normal it would die.

its really boggy in the lower gears but snaps out of it and runs pretty nice the faster i go....i thought this was all gas/oil mix related but now that i have my normal mix and its still happining it must be something else....any ideas?

i just put in a new plug and it didn't help anything

leager-n-ky
07-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Check and see if the clip on the needle has come off or broken

Aceman
07-19-2009, 07:40 PM
It sounds like a carb issue, tear your carb apart and give it a looking over.

I'd probably look the pipe/silencer over as well just to make sure a baffle didn't come loose and partially block the exhaust too.