PDA

View Full Version : Transmission issue!

pdracer440
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
OK guys, I did a search and learned that the tranny's or a little sketchy, but found no real help.

My son was out in the back yard today just kinda putting around. He stopped and turned the bike off and when he tried to start back up he told me it wouldn't go into neutral. After trying and trying I have had no luck and was only able to bump start it.

Any suggestions, ides, comments?

Also, just in case I need to split this thing and dig into it, what manual would I buy to find the torque specs and so on?

Ride1Rob
07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Never heard of any tranny issues. The jailing trannies are some of the best on these lil motors. The 70's and 90's from what I've read have some type of device that limits the bike from shifting all 4 gears. Not sure but somehow it causes this type of problem and most remove it.

pdracer440
07-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Any more info would be greatly appreciated. Where can I get more info on the gear mod? What manuaml should I buy? WHO CAN I CALL?????

Ride1Rob
07-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I have a micro fiche on my home computer. If I remember, I'll send that to you when I get home. Hope I didn't delete it :ermm: . If u do a search here there were some topics about removing the part that causes this problem. I think a couple of months ago someone posted up about this and what to do to fix it.

pdracer440
07-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Disregard guys I found the problem and went ahead and added the 4th gear pin. Rob, I would still like to get that micro and would like to talk to you about some of the restrictions I can remove as well.

Thannks again for the input.

Ride1Rob
07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
called u last nite and left a message. Here's the link to Firepower minis. http://www.firepowerminis.com/catalog.html and here's the # (810) 964-1665. Ask for Terry