PDA

View Full Version : carb problem, leaking out drain tube

killer400ex
07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
just rebuilt the motor, havnt had any problems, just cleaned the carb a few weeks ago too, i was running the quad today and when i shut it off i herd a trickle start after i got off of it, i looked down and gas was running out of the lower drain tube, but the drain plug is screwed in all the way, i put my finger over the tube to close it off and fuel started coming out of the upper drain/vent tube, i think its the float, just want some opinions

Snipe
07-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Float or seat one of the two usually the culprit in this situation.

bigd's ex
07-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Snipe
Float or seat one of the two usually the culprit in this situation.

x2

killer400ex
07-19-2009, 04:38 PM
well i thought that this would be the case but i just got done rebuilding the carb, i took the bowl off and cleaned out the seat and checked the float and everything seemed ok, put it all back together and ran it, ran fine for a few mins then started leaking again, this is retarded because it had never ever done this before and it just randomly does it, i ran it for a good hour and it was fine today and then i parked it in the garage and got off and was walking inside when i herd it start to drip and then it became a stream of gas pouring out, idk, im a technician and this has me stumped

killer400ex
07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
figured it out, apparently when i rebuilt the carb a few weeks ago i didnt tighten the screws that hold the slide to the arm down all the way so the screws backed out and the slide slid down all the way pushing the needle down in further which caused the gas to overflow, and also caused the bogg when the engine was at mid range rpms, just glad that it was a 5 min fix and not another broken part, ive been unlucky and lucky at the same time so far, ive had problems but they were all small stupid and easy to fix, knock on wood

Snipe
07-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Good ya fixed it and it was a easy one.