PDA

View Full Version : hatfeild mcoy trail system

jak1389
07-19-2009, 05:45 AM
hey guys, im headed down to hatfeild the 5, 6, 7, and 8th of august to the pinnacle creek trails. can anyone guide me and tell me some of the either more fun trails or the ones to see the coolest things. anyone else going to be down there then?

quad2xtreme
07-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by jak1389
hey guys, im headed down to hatfeild the 5, 6, 7, and 8th of august to the pinnacle creek trails. can anyone guide me and tell me some of the either more fun trails or the ones to see the coolest things. anyone else going to be down there then?

You will be able to ride all the trails at Pinnacle within a day. If you can find a local to show you the way, you can make it over to Indian Ridge. We always stay at the Executive Inn when we head there. There is a great ATV store there too.

You definitely won't want to ride 4 days in a row at Pinnacle so you better start planning to head to Indian Ridge even if you trailer for the 40 minute drive. You might want to check out Burning Rock too.

jak1389
07-19-2009, 09:03 AM
well we are only riding thurs and friday. we will be there 4 days total. im staying at some condo that happy trails has. hopefully its nice. its pretty cheap but it has a garage!

quad2xtreme
07-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
well we are only riding thurs and friday. we will be there 4 days total. im staying at some condo that happy trails has. hopefully its nice. its pretty cheap but it has a garage!

pretty sure they own the Executive Inn too. You can go over their for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There is a bar and big screen.

Watched the Superbowl there 2 years ago. If I were going for 2 days, I will still do a one day ride at Pinnacle and then spend the 2nd day at Indian Ridge.

If you are truly into hard core hill climbing...you have to find a local to take you to the power lines about 10 miles from there. There are 6 mountain plateaus...every time you think you reached the top there is another one in front of you. I did them all on a 450r and a 400ex. They could be rutted out too much now though...you just never know.

/Jon

jak1389
07-19-2009, 06:01 PM
should be a good time. first time there. ill have to see if i can get over to those hills. thanks for the suggestion

quad2xtreme
07-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I'll be there from the 13th to the 20th. Hitting Indian Ridge, Rockhouse, Buffalo Mountain, and then going down to Black Mountain in Kentucky. Can't wait.

bigd's ex
07-19-2009, 06:16 PM
We just did 3 days a couple of weeks ago. Rode Little Coal twice & Bearswallow once. What a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you get a chance, ride one of the trail systems that go down into town, that's pretty cool, & the people are very friendly. You'll definitely want to go back.