PDA

View Full Version : Is this real??? Is it Out

8d dad
07-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I found this on line, but can not find anything else. Is it available, how much, who has it?

The super typhoon in the brochure
http://images.agentcenter.com/client/6/9/7/24796/Full-line_Brochure_021108_CROPPED.pdf

leager-n-ky
07-18-2009, 10:33 AM
There is a thread in here from the Indy show in 2008 with some pic's of the Super Typhoon I think Wolfpack posted them, But I have not heard anymore about it.

nordic quad
07-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Here is a video i found on Youtube,looks like the rider may be breaking it in he is certainly not giving it full throttle all the way:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwN950Kmkcs&feature=related

Try here to see if the Super Typhoon is available.

http://www.venomatv.com/

nordic quad
07-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Super in white:D

http://www.imex-srl.com/prodotti/scheda_prodotto/?n=supertyphoon

Ride1Rob
07-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Super Typhoon? Looks very appealing but the way it runs it seems like it's wayyy over hyped. I was expecting more from the power plant.

nordic quad
07-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Stock engines,better frame and suspention geometry?

prairiemonster
07-25-2009, 04:12 PM
The factory told me last week that there was not going to be any super typhoons and they also dropped the hop-up kits.That extreme motor company sure has it's share of problems through the years.:grr:

QBS
07-26-2009, 04:34 AM
We ran a super typhoon in 2008 supplied by uk importer sport and leisure 2 we won northern area championship predominantly on the typhoon until aluminium swing arm and a arms started to fracture a reoccuring problem if welded they would only break somwhere else, the factory fym did not seem interested in rectifying the faults uncovered, if they had their machine, we would have won the british championship, as a result we had to win the british championship on a eatv 85 a ktm bike derived quad and an unreliable cobra ecx70 . The rider, Jack Straughan was 12 at the time he won the british. As a result of his ability at riding the typhoon he got a quad off dutch quad star joe maessen a suzuki rm 85 derived machine for the 2009 season he is currently leading all championships including the british having won every race to date. Jack is an exceptional rider and could have generated a lot of buisiness for fym had they been prepared to put a little effort in to developing their product a little more it was nearly there an affordable out of the crate introductory race quad however it was not to be shame :( :(

QBS
07-26-2009, 04:43 AM
oops, sorry. Sent wrong pictures, here they are. :)

QBS
07-26-2009, 04:47 AM

Ride1Rob
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow! The regular Typhoons didn't have any issues breaking swingarms. Not that I can recall anyway. I still think the bike is very good bike and is very capable. Too bad Xtreme or FYM or whoever the hell they are won't put time into the issues such the one above. I can say that I have never once got anything from Xtreme and have had to work through a few minor issues. The one I'm dealing with now is these damn nerfs. Don't know why in hell they designed the bars where u can't replace the nets :mad:

leager-n-ky
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Here we go again Rob.....LOL You are still the luckiest Typhoon owner I know. All three of our typhoons have globs of weld on them. Just give it time. But do keep an eye on the section that the shock mounts to, and then where those pieces mount to the swingarm.

Ride1Rob
07-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Guess I am! Then again my son is only 8 and 65 pds. So the bike is rode by a child it probably should be rode by. I'm always seeing kids 12yrs old riding these minis and I guess that's one reason why they break. Also, the tracks he rides here don't beat the bikes up too bad. The bearings in the swinger need to be replaced and the nerfs are crap. Other than that, structure wise it has been a very good bike.

leager-n-ky
07-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey Rob, Look into the AC Racing nerf's. They are well worth the money.

Ride1Rob
07-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I was looking at those but I don't wanna pay over $300 for nerfs lol.

lilman
07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
its not just rob we run one as well .yes they have problems but not more than any others we raced here in canada if you gusset the swing arm and move he shock mounts to the top of the swingarms they are pretty good throw in a gpx 125 ,140 160 whatever you want . elka shocks, they flat out rip. show us an apex, honda, drr,eaton,whatever and if you really race em you will do all this fixes on them as well .bang for the initial buck i would do it again. i'm not saying they are better or faster than anything else but we had great results with ours 2 championships 2nd at nats damon has since moved to a jb mod as he has outgrown it but he still says its hie favorite mini.
just my thoughts anyways!

leager-n-ky
07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh I know, Rob jinx's his self all the time saying he does'nt have that prob, then a month later he has the prob. I was just pokin fun at him. Could you post some pic's of your swingarm, I have had some Ideas, But I am no engineer, or anything.

Ride1Rob
07-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Actually, the only thing that I can recall saying that on and having the problem with later was the semi auto crank. And I had been saying that for around 6months before it finally gave way. Like stated above, the bike has been a very good mini for the money. I have a YFZ450 and have broke 2 swingers, bent 2 axles, bent a shock and a arms (due to a crash), cracked the frame, had electrical problems, etc... Other than the shock and arms all were merely from riding the bike and over time things began to fail. That's just the nature of the beast.

I know I saw a post awhile back about the bearings for the swinger. Gonna tear the bike apart and have it gussetted, new bearings, beef the lifan up, new nerfs (or find a way to mount new nets), paint the frame, etc... Any of you guys know where I can get new bearing for the swingarm? Thanx!