PDA

View Full Version : welp we lost another one..

elite ATV1
07-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Click (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30988078/ns/entertainment-television/)

RIP

usp4u
07-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Commie a-hole. That jerk is responsible for discrediting the military and convincing the public that the war in vietnam was a failure and was lost. that guy created alot of hate towards the vets.

wolfpack91
07-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Or was it because their plan of attack was flawed and so many American lives were uselessly lost? :rolleyes:

Walter IMO was a very respected news man, and the tributes to him from EVERY news organization proves that.

extremeblastr
07-18-2009, 09:22 AM
walter cronkite was the only newscaster i ever saw that actually knew what he was talking about and had an honest opinion on it. he was a very intelligent and he influenced a lot of people in a big way, i think he deserves a little respect.

JR3
07-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
walter cronkite was the only newscaster i ever saw that actually knew what he was talking about and had an honest opinion on it. he was a very intelligent and he influenced a lot of people in a big way, i think he deserves a little respect.

yea lets give the guy a little respect after all he did disrespect the same people that gave their lives for this country

extremeblastr
07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by JR3
yea lets give the guy a little respect after all he did disrespect the same people that gave their lives for this country

once again, please don't make comments like that without knowing all the facts. he did not disrespect the people that gave their lives, he disrespected the people who set up such a horrible plan that forced so many of them to die needlessly....people are so quick to hate now

JR3
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
once again, please don't make comments like that without knowing all the facts. he did not disrespect the people that gave their lives, he disrespected the people who set up such a horrible plan that forced so many of them to die needlessly....people are so quick to hate now

haha im actually very open minded. but since i dont know anything please enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge

extremeblastr
07-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by JR3
haha im actually very open minded. but since i dont know anything please enlighten me with your wealth of knowledge

its pretty basic, his outlook on the situation was that the government had f***** everthing all up and it was their fault so many people died over there which in his eyes means we lost the battle because even if the objective was completed the cost at which this was achieved was far greater than the benefits of having achieved it

oh and i meant no offense to you man i just happen to have a lot of younger friends who are very ignorant and when i see things that remind of their comments i tend to get very frustrated lol

JR3
07-18-2009, 03:49 PM
its pretty basic, his outlook on the situation was that the government had f***** everthing all up and it was their fault so many people died over there which in his eyes means we lost the battle because even if the objective was completed the cost at which this was achieved was far greater than the benefits of having achieved it

oh and i meant no offense to you man i just happen to have a lot of younger friends who are very ignorant and when i see things that remind of their comments i tend to get very frustrated lol

haha its ok man i just dont like being gropued into the category of "people"

ZeroLogic
07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Very inspirational person. He will be missed.:(

R.I.P

flammable
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by wolfpack91
Or was it because their plan of attack was flawed and so many American lives were uselessly lost? :rolleyes:

Walter IMO was a very respected news man, and the tributes to him from EVERY news organization proves that.

uselessly lost? that combo of words is a ****ay way to describe the deaths of thousands of brave soldiers.:ermm:

Robin Hood
07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by flammable
uselessly lost? that combo of words is a ****ay way to describe the deaths of thousands of brave soldiers.:ermm:

I think he was trying to focus the blame on the government - not try to call US soldiers "useless".

I see what you mean though - that is quite a strong word to use.

ALAMX37
07-20-2009, 12:05 AM
The Vietnam war was not a victory it was a tragedy. It was an epic failure on the part of our military leaders at the time, many many brave men gave their lives in the name of something that was poorly thought out and resulted in the bloodiest war we have ever seen. God bless those men. And RIP Cronkite if more news men and women had half the brain and wit we would be much better off.

Pappy
07-20-2009, 12:09 AM
No one will or can ever say I dont support our military....

More over, he was correct on his synopsis of the war at that time, maybe just a tad blunt with his delivery.

LBJ stated after seeing his broadcast that if he had lost Cronkite, he had lost middle America.

RIP to probably the best newsman to ever grace the world.