PDA

View Full Version : kicker vs. battery

Red Juggernaut
07-17-2009, 02:34 PM
A few of you guys had a conversation about high comp. pistons and big bore kits. Beating the starter and battery. One of you said to use a 600cc bikes battery. And many of you said to change the electric start to a kicker..... Thats what i plan on doing, what does it take and how much will it be to change my ER to a kicker?
JUG

Scro
07-17-2009, 02:40 PM
There are alot of places that are selling the parts as a kit to convert the ER's to kickers. I'm sure C&D could help you out. Ask them about it in their section.

And just FYI, high compression isn't any harder on the starter. The decompression mechanism keeps the starting compression the same regardless. Big bores and strokers may put a little more strain on the starter and battery. But as long as the valves and decomp are adjusted correctly, it shouldn't cause any trouble.

Red Juggernaut
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Makes sense to what you are saying. I just hope i dont need to change everything. i dont know if the valves and decompression are adjusted correctly either. I do know i need the starter gear and most likely a new battery. But i dont want to put a battery from a 600 on my bike, if i have to though i will....
JUG

Scro
07-18-2009, 07:52 AM
If you get another stock battery, and leave it on a trickle charge whenever you aren't riding (12v, 1-3 amps), then you shouldn't have any trouble. I've been using the same batteries for over a year now.