PDA

View Full Version : Iam thinking of getting one of these got some motor ??s

BadassKFX470
01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
whats up im new here but i have some questions, my g/f is wanting a new quad, she has a vinson but wants something to play with, she loves the way the 400ex looks,i was wanting to get her one of them and do a little modifications to it and i was wondering what i could do to help it out a little. she didnt want a kfx or a z becasue of mine. (she doesnt like my kfx becasue i installed the 470 kit with the cams and all. she it goes to fast). any help is aprreciated and i would like to say i have been looking thur the forums and i like this place.

01-07-2003, 05:52 PM
get a slip on pipe, air filter, and a rev limiter, thse are the pretty basic mods but they help out the ex a lot, then after that worry about tires and suspesnions before you get motor work, or get it all at once

Team Outlaw #34
01-07-2003, 05:54 PM
yeah deffinently get her a pipe, filter, new jets.

AtvMxRider
01-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
yeah deffinently get her a pipe, filter, new jets.

What he said. I've heard a rev box is nothing but a waste of money, But I've never tried one.

wilkin250r
01-07-2003, 06:09 PM
If she's like my girlfriend, she's looking more for looks than performance. If you get a red 400EX, order a black seat, and get yourself a set of aftermarket handlebars, and possibly shock covers. She's probably not going to clear any 50ft tabletops, so set all the susension to the softest setting, it makes for a much smoother ride over the whoops and small bumps.