PDA

View Full Version : 416 Piston Info for U

02 Red Rider
01-07-2003, 04:09 PM
This thread is not intended to start an arguement. It is for the sole purpose of sharing some info. I do not have any experience with either piston as of yet other than a couple of friends quads and their 2 Wave Runners.

With that said, I talked to Wiseco today about my new 87mm 11:1 piston and a couple of questions I had.

1st - Are JE and Wiseco the same Piston?

Answer:
JE and Wiseco are both owned by the same PARENT Company (Dover Corp). But they do not co-ordinate production or design. So while the two brands are similar they are not the same.

2nd - Do I need to run Higher Octane Race Gas with my new piston?

Answer:
I was told that you DO NOT have to run race gas with an 11:1 Compression piston or lower. It is suggested to run at least 92 Octane pump gas, however 93 or 94 (in the case of Sunoco) is recommended.

Now just for giggles I called JE Piston inHuntington Beach, CA just to compare notes. I asked the same questions and was told the same by their customer service dept.

I hope this might help someone who is considering a new piston or bigger bore like the 416.

Jason

Sparks425Ex
01-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Great.

Most ppl know that info. But How about which one weighs more.

a Je is a Wiseco Piston that has been shaved or machined. Right?

And Which one is more true to compression?

02 Red Rider
01-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Nacs

I don't really know which compression is more true, I figure that would take more independent study than just asking the companies. As far as the 2 companies go I was told by both that they are completely independant of each other, seperate Headquarters, seperate plants, everything. The only thing that the 2 share is that they are both part of the same parent company. I posted this info because I belive that everbody does not know these things. When I did a search I found that there were countless threads that were split on whether you had to run race gas or not. Just as many were split on wether or not they were the same company or not specifically when it came to ordering a JE Piston and Receiving a Wiseco. The post was just as I said "sharing some info" that I received from those people who make these products. If someone has other questions they should call these companies.

Wiseco Piston, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters,
Manufacturing
7201 Industrial Blvd.
Mentor, OH 44060-5396
ph: 440-951-6600

JE Pistons
15312 Connector Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
ph:714-898-9763

DantheEXman
01-07-2003, 05:56 PM
wow... so i can run 93 pump gas with 11-1 compression? cool.

DantheEXman
01-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks For the info Red Rider

Sparks425Ex
01-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by DantheEXman
Thanks For the info Red Rider

That coulda been in the other post ya just made. Not Flaming just wondering why ya posted 2 times in a row.

Sorry Red Rider. I didn't mean to flame I was just saying that since there have been so many threads talking about pump gas in 11:1. And most all of the threads say yes you can run pump gas. You have to go back and read every post if you want to find out what the hole post said. It is sorta hard searching on topics that were so highly debated tho. Because everyone has a diff opinion.

Sorry Red

02 Red Rider
01-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex

there have been so many threads talking about pump gas in 11:1. And most all of the threads say yes you can run pump gas. You have to go back and read every post if you want to find out what the hole post said. It is sorta hard searching on topics that were so highly debated tho. Because everyone has a diff opinion.

Sorry Red

I understand I get tired of the same old posts all the time as well. That's why I posted this one because everything I read had nothing to back it up it seemed like for every one person that said yes another said no, that's why I called the Manufacturers to get some fact not just "becuase my buddies uncles girlfriends cousin said". And it seemed that the Race Fuel/No Race Fuel was what alot of people were using to base their decisions on.

No Harm, No Foul

Jason

01-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Well from 75% of the members out here running 11:1 pistons from either company say that pump gas 93 octane does not work as good as it should,,most mix with a higher octane or run a booster..

KAWSAM62
01-08-2003, 08:20 AM
great info esp the contact numbers:cool:

YZROOSTINYA
01-08-2003, 08:48 AM
my bud runs puimp with his 11:1 and so do i on my 10.8

no probs yet, dont know the actual comp though, just the advertised

OCCRA288
01-08-2003, 09:00 AM
JE is the heavyweight champion of the pistons.
Ross is the middle weight champ of the bunch.
Wiseco is the bantam weight.

DantheEXman
01-08-2003, 01:42 PM
That coulda been in the other post ya just made. Not Flaming just wondering why ya posted 2 times in a row

Yeah sorry bout that, I remembered after the post was up, and I wanted to add that and was too lazy to hit the edit button i guess.

Andrew400ex
01-08-2003, 03:48 PM
so should i put the piston i have in (the wiseco 416 11:1) in cuz i can run pump gas? it will work ok and everything?