PDA

View Full Version : Alpine head unit help

fastredrider44
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Anyone know anything about Alpines? I have a 9851 in my old truck, and recently, the CD player quit working. It's almost like it's not spinning anymore. It started skipping, then it would only play a few seconds of a song before it gave up. Is it cost effective to send it somewhere to get it fixed, or should I just chunk it and get another?

Tommy Warren
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
IMO the cost of shipping it and and repairs your better off just to go to wal-mart and pick up a sony cd/mp3/wma/sat for like 130 bucks.

XCRacer236
07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
your better off replacing it with a nice new Alpine/Kenwood/Pioneer. all make a nice range of HU's, and surely can find something that suits your needs. get one of those 3 brands and do it right the first time instead of buying something cheap and it crapping out and having to do it all over again.

Scro
07-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm sportin the Dual CD player from Walmart:D $50 and it's still working good as new a year later.

Tommy Warren
07-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I have the sony head unit and I have the adapter for xm so I don't need that stupid box I can just use the cd player. I had one of those freeway pop up dvd players but the screen came out and then floped down like a tired dogs mouth. freeway blows.

fastredrider44
07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Well, even though this one crapped out on me, I'll be sticking with Alpine. I like how they're set up, just wish I didn't have to buy another one. This is my 4th one. lol Sold one and upgraded, then sold it with the truck, have one in my black truck that I have had in there for the last 3 years, and now this one. I checked some new ones out, and know how much they cost. Just didn't know if anyone had had Alpine fix their CD player before and what that costs roughly.