PDA

View Full Version : Carb Problems

yfz450ba
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
I have an 08 raptor 250. I purchased a full pipe system from HMF. I put it on and with no jetting it ran great( air lid on). So, that's were I should have stopped. But no, I decided to do the jetting for the airlid off. Did the 170, and 30, put it back togeather. When we took it for a ride, there was no power. ran good, but no power. So I put everything back the way it was, again the same no power. Bought the GYTR jet kit, changed the needle, everthing they said to do, still no power. (note: runs the same with air lid on or off.) What am I missing? Air leak? I checked the rubber boot between the cylinder and carb, no visible cracks. No matter what I do, jets, needle, air lid on, air lid off, it still runs the same. Help

yfz450ba
07-29-2009, 09:37 AM
problem solved. When I took the top off to inspect the needle, I did not get the bladder to seal properly, thus the needle slide did not move up and down when the throttle was applied. Even when I changed the needle, the second time, it did not seal. So a little silicone around the top and boom, it worked.