PDA

View Full Version : looking for a hybrid

bmxican345
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
hello everyone im looking to get a hybrid i kinda was intrested in how you guys like them compared to production bikes i plan on racing some nationals with it and districts races im trying to find one that has motor work and obv is really beat up

usp4u
07-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by bmxican345
hello everyone im looking to get a hybrid i kinda was intrested in how you guys like them compared to production bikes i plan on racing some nationals with it and districts races im trying to find one that has motor work and obv is really beat up
You want one that is really beat up ?

To answer your question though...My hybrid is best handling quad I've ridden, ever. Many other owners will tell you the same thing. weight, this thing feels like it weighs 250 lbs. it can flicked around in the air at will. no unnessacary parts, wires, electronics. strong chassis. something different. everything has a purpose, to go fast on a track.
downsides are: parts availability, parts cost(some things are one-off and have to ordered from whoever built your bike), OEM parts used(my Walsh has parts from 250R,400EX,&450R), some have overheating issues due to lack of a fan(a good rad,water pump, and good coolant should handle this). Lack of versatility, meaning they're not a great quad to go on a all-day trail ride. No lights, low ground clearance, and damage from a rock/tree can cost you big time. many engine builders are getting comparable power out of production engines nowadays.

chickenhawk
08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
have u figured out what ur looking for or what ur going to spend

CrackerboyLV
08-22-2009, 11:01 PM
If you are going to race nationals, check your class rules first. You have to have to race a production frame in many of the classes, although most races do have an open class for the hybrids.

The downside is, you will probably have a bunch KTM and Polaris 525's and every other bike that does not fit the rules racing against you.