PDA

View Full Version : DRX 50 spark plug

Hillside Perf.
07-16-2009, 08:27 PM
On the 09 DRX 50 the original spark plug is a BR8HSA. My question is does it need to be the HSA? Could I use a BPR8HS or just a BR8HS? This is a completly stock motor as it came in the crate. Now I am assuming for a 50 that has a high compression head I would want to use the BR8HS. Am I correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ecmini1
07-16-2009, 09:00 PM
You can use the BPR or the BP plug or even a B8HS plug. The R is just stating it is a resister style plug. We run the B8HS plugs

Hope this helps

Hillside Perf.
07-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks
The only thing that concerns me is the length of the electrode. The HSA is protruded like the BPR8HS but it looks a little different. I haven't had a chance to try other plugs to see if it effects how it runs. Just thought I would throw it out there....maybe save me a little work.

Thanks again

ecmini1
07-17-2009, 06:13 AM
In the plug # that is what the P stands for protruding .
We dont run protruding plug because the spark is to close to the piston causing to much heat on the piston. I have seen engine run on them self (meaning run with no spark) because of this condition.
Run a B8HS and you will be fine

ecmini1
We dont run protruding plug because the spark is to close to the piston causing to much heat on the piston. I have seen engine run on them self (meaning run with no spark) because of this condition.

ecmini1

Hillside Perf.
07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
OK Thanks ecmini1. I have plenty of those plugs in the trailer. Thanks for your help.