PDA

View Full Version : 416 smoking after 15 hours

jasonwayne222
07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
i bored and used the wiseco 11:1 piston 416 after about 15 hours of ride time it is now smoking again. anybody can explain why? i put all new valve seals and new gaskets and shaved the head.

F-16Guy
07-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Bad bore job? Improper assembly? Improper break in? A combination of those?

sab24711
07-16-2009, 10:50 PM
smoking when? when is cold, hot, all the time, only on start up, when you hit high rev does is smoke? is you valve lash set correctly? what kind of smoke blueish white or black?

killer400ex
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
my quad used to do that also, it started dooing it after a year, make sure you changed your oil because if it was used during break in and not changed it could have broken down and is thin enough to get past your piston rings, also mine used to do it at high revvs and when would give it alil throttle when i would first start it to warm it up, after a min or 2 it would stop, but it would do it at high revvs

Ryanwolfe911
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I got a used 04 400ex from a buddy on trade. He put a new piston and rings in, and had it bored. 010 over, but he never replaced the valve guides and seals (which were wasted) and it smoked like a crack whore when riding it.

Sort of like a giant mosquito fogger.

jasonwayne222
07-18-2009, 05:42 PM
well it had about ten hours on it, then a couple weeks ago i went riding and put about 3 or 4 hours on it, no smoke, ran great. then a few hours later when i took it off the truck to put it up it started smoking white, right when i started it up. i didnt run it for long just enough to put in the shed. And i also have not changed oil since break in. Woul you guys suggest changin the oil and maybe puttin some of that sea foam in with the oil or do u put that in with the gas?

sab24711
07-18-2009, 08:30 PM
CHANGE YOUR OIL!!!!! do it now (Arnold)
after the second hour you change it. change it then see if it smokes.

i don't put it through the gas i dump it straight into the intake boot. it might take two people cause you need to keep the quad alive don't let it die out when you do it. that the way it cleans it the best ( i think) i used it on my mustang and then tore the engine apart and the difference was night and day compared to when i didn't use it. stuff deff works great. don't get scared when you use it cause it will smoke and smoke and smoke. i blew fire out my tail pipes.:devil: but you only use it if you want to clean the carbon build up.

p.s the best way to break down carbon build up is water or atf !. sounds dumb try it then get back to me.

rappin_ernie
07-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by killer400ex
my quad used to do that also, it started dooing it after a year, make sure you changed your oil because if it was used during break in and not changed it could have broken down and is thin enough to get past your piston rings, also mine used to do it at high revvs and when would give it alil throttle when i would first start it to warm it up, after a min or 2 it would stop, but it would do it at high revvs

My 440ex does the exact same thing, how did you fix it??

jasonwayne222
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Hell ya im gonna change the oil as soon as i get back home and let yall know. Im working outa town for another week. so ill get back to yall

thanks

Pipeless416
07-20-2009, 05:00 PM
did you use convention or synthetic oil to break it in?

jasonwayne222
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
i used honda oil 20w-50