PDA

View Full Version : 250X i got problems HELP

tkatka70
01-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Ok if u know anything about 4 wheelers please oh please help me out im getting so fustrated. OK now heres the deal. I own a 87 250X. NOw i will be riding and then suddenly it kills so i coast to a stop kick it over nothing. NO SPARK. I wait 5 mins then kick it over starts right up. Beging driving around again for like 10 mins or so kill on me. Coast to another stop kick it over nothing. NO SPARK. NOW checked the Sator coil thats fine. Also ignition coil seems fine. But mabe i checked them when the machine had a good spark i probably should of made sure it had no spark and checked them right. The Stator coil im almost positive i checked when it had no spark though and that seems find. Could it be the Ignition Coil. The times i checked that it seemed good. Could it be the CDI unit. If so how would i check that.

Please answer me thanks for your time

Ex'r Marlin
01-07-2003, 04:02 PM
A trick I learned is to apply WD-40 to the electrical connections to help make sure they got good contact.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you are loosing an electrical connection.

Good luck!

tkatka70
01-07-2003, 08:10 PM
bump

300exazzkikr
01-07-2003, 08:57 PM
I had a 250x and mine did the same thing. I found a dirty wire connection under the seat on the left side if sitting on it; cleaned it up plugged it back in and she fired up no problem and didn't have the problem ever again. I would check all the connections, disconnect them and reconnect them.

TRX250XFIRE
01-08-2003, 11:54 AM
I had a somewhat simailar problem with my X, what mine did is it would run for 10 mins and then die, just like u said, and then if u let it sit for a second it would start right back up first kick. What we ended up finding out is that the carb was full of dirt and the gas tank had alot in it. This is just a suggestion but like u said if there was no spark then i gess it would be something differnt, but just look in to ur lines and tank and carb real quick just to make sure.
~Cody

Rastus
01-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Check all electrical connections...and check your carb and gas tank for dirt. If those seem fine...then get a manual, and follow it's testing procedures it says to do in there.

tkatka70
01-10-2003, 05:10 PM
i will have to check the connections.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Sound like you are getting some good information. I agree check all the connections. The fuel system could also be dirty. Or the cdi box could be at fault some time they become heat sensitive and shut down when they get hot.

redrider ex
01-10-2003, 05:49 PM
I 'll tell you what it is its the cdi when they start going bad they will do just like your saying , the bike starts up and runs fine untill the cdi gets hot inside and then it stops firing. now it could be something else but i would bet its the cdi.

wilkin250r
01-10-2003, 05:52 PM
If you think it might be the CDI, get a can of compressed air (for blowing off keyboards and such) and when you have the problem, turn the can upside down and spray the CDI. This will cool the CDI very quickly.

redrider ex
01-10-2003, 06:06 PM
that might work