PDA

View Full Version : shee port

bansheeboyo
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
hi whats the best port to get for wide open grass feilds .

what would i have to do to my banshee to make it faster than a 410r on plaine fule=aveation gas

make a list please
cheers andy

hondamancbr03
07-16-2009, 05:09 PM
If you are requesting port timing here's what some good numbers are but keep in mind that there are a lot of factors to consider when reshaping your ports....If you have never done it i would not recommend doing it on your only barrels. Buy some extra barrels to practice on.
196 ex
126 transfers
32 to 34 blow down
reshape the transfers to aim more towards the intake.
Advance timing 4 degrees

What does the bike have on it as of now?

Side note: Stay away from av gas

07-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I would get a dune port.

For a hell of an engine,

+4 Hotrods Crank
Wiesco Stroker Pistons
Aggressive Dune Port
Noss Coolhead 20cc Domes
28mm Carbs

hondamancbr03
07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
DMC,
are you running 28mm PWK's? I ran those but had a dead spot that none of my friends could jet out of their bikes as well.

I'm shopping for TM28's.....They have a prejet that really helps the bottom/mid.

07-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by hondamancbr03
DMC,
are you running 28mm PWK's? I ran those but had a dead spot that none of my friends could jet out of their bikes as well.

I'm shopping for TM28's.....They have a prejet that really helps the bottom/mid.

No, I don't run 28's because I have just a stock piped motor. I'm a big believer in stock carbs on a banshee that just has pipes. Every banshee I have ridden with bigger carbs, or a single carb, with just pipes feel's lazy. The stock carbs in my honest opinion work best, and make the motor feel much snappier.

But if I had all the mods I listed just before, then the biggest I would go is 28's.

hondamancbr03
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm running a 4mil with agressive port timing and from my experience and wasted money the PWK 28's suck! If you ever decide to go bigger carbs do the research......I just switched to a single 38PWK air striker for more bottom end and it feel great.

i agree with you on the stock carbs, they do perform well with a mild banshee.
Sorry to jack your post bansheeboyo.......

bansheeboyo
07-17-2009, 04:58 AM
what is the wrong with aviation fule like ?
as of just now only dmc 916 pipes boysen reeds and a timing plate

hondamancbr03
07-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Aviation fuel is designed for high altitudes and high compression situation due the design of the airplanes engine and the altitude they operate at....It will not hurt your bike but you will not gain power by running it, and some dyno reports show that you can actually lose power since the fuel has more of a controlled burn. I have heard of people running half pump gas and half aviation and gotten good results.

With a two stroke engine pipes can change where your power runs best.....DMC are good pipes for all around but if you want top end speed and power check into CPI's or T-5, you will lose some bottom end power but the top will increase.

Everyone has opinions on what works best and what they like best.......I'm sure they're plenty of people that would disagree with all of this....Just be open minded and do your research.

07-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Aviation fuel is designed for high altitudes and high compression situation due the design of the airplanes engine and the altitude they operate at....It will not hurt your bike but you will not gain power by running it, and some dyno reports show that you can actually lose power since the fuel has more of a controlled burn. I have heard of people running half pump gas and half aviation and gotten good results.

With a two stroke engine pipes can change where your power runs best.....DMC are good pipes for all around but if you want top end speed and power check into CPI's or T-5, you will lose some bottom end power but the top will increase.

Everyone has opinions on what works best and what they like best.......I'm sure they're plenty of people that would disagree with all of this....Just be open minded and do your research.

I have to disagree with you on the DMC 916's. I have had experience with many pipes, toomey t5's, fmf fatties (on my dads shee) etc, and The DMC's rev to the moon and the top end far surpasses that of the other pipes, especially the t5's.

hondamancbr03
07-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Well the best thing about a forum is it's all based on opinions....I can respect anyones opinion and i'm not here to change anyone to believe what i do....I will say that I purchased my first Banshee in 1994 and have had several since and have sand dragged for the past 10yrs...DMC pipes are not known for top end runners or they would be seen on the strip...I do like DMC because they have a great mid range that carries to the top end but the sign off at 8,200 RPM's....CPI/Shear pipes are not great in the mid but pull real hard into the top end.
I can respect your liking for DMC....Like i said, they are good pipes.

07-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Well the best thing about a forum is it's all based on opinions....I can respect anyones opinion and i'm not here to change anyone to believe what i do....I will say that I purchased my first Banshee in 1994 and have had several since and have sand dragged for the past 10yrs...DMC pipes are not known for top end runners or they would be seen on the strip...I do like DMC because they have a great mid range that carries to the top end but the sign off at 8,200 RPM's....CPI/Shear pipes are not great in the mid but pull real hard into the top end.
I can respect your liking for DMC....Like i said, they are good pipes.

I'm not mad or anything. I love technical conversations:D haha.

Well, I agree on a more highly modified engine the CPI's would be a much better pipe. But I also believe the DMC's are much better suited on a mildly ported banshee. ;)

hondamancbr03
07-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Well, I agree on a more highly modified engine the CPI's would be a much better pipe. But I also believe the DMC's are much better suited on a mildly ported banshee. ;)

I would completely agree with you on that....A side note on DMC pipes, that have a very good sound to them!

07-18-2009, 05:50 AM
I would completely agree with you on that....A side note on DMC pipes, that have a very good sound to them!

Thanks. Yeah I love that single silencer!

the kandy shop
07-20-2009, 10:18 PM
if you want it fast call rob at rdz rdzracing.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuJjYfepLl4

poppa-willie
07-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
I would get a dune port.

For a hell of an engine,

+4 Hotrods Crank
Wiesco Stroker Pistons
Aggressive Dune Port
Noss Coolhead 20cc Domes
28mm Carbs

i agree with everything minus the 28's.
if your wanting to go fast on wide open trails then you'll want more top end. so if i were you i would run a set of 33 or 35mm pwk's, and i would also probly switch to a set of either shearer or cpi inframes.

give kevin herr @ herrjugsracing a call. he'll hook you up like no other.

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/Product_List.html