PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed!!!

extremeblastr
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
NEATV B class rider dalton simmons was injured in a motorcycle accident, i don't have any details right now but i was told he is hurt pretty badly, so please keep him and his mother in your prayers

rollie
07-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah this deff sucks dalton is a close friend of mine, his mom had been texted me with whats happening, but out of resepct im not going to post it right now, just keeping praying and he will make it through this!!!!!!!! thank you!

bigd's ex
07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Prayers sent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quad2xtreme
07-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Prayer sent.

Was he on a dirt bike or a street bike?

Thanks,

Jon

extremeblastr
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Was he on a dirt bike or a street bike?

i'm assuming it was his streetbike but i don't really know, just hoping he makes it through ok and we see him back at the track soon.

powermadd400ex
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
prayers sent

rollie
07-16-2009, 05:36 PM
He was on his CBR600, The accident was not his fault however, I have no doubt dalton will make it through this, as soon as i realizes he's in a hospital bed he'll be motivated to get back out on his quad!!

mkh155
07-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by bigd's ex
Prayers sent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

extremeblastr
07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
was just told he is in stable condition and being moved to an icu bed until his condition improves. theres still that chance that something will happend but it looks like he will pull through just fine:) and like nick said the accident was not his fault, that is why i preach to all my friends on bikes that its not just you that you need to watch for when your out riding, you have to watch all the other people on the road even more than yourself.

rollie
07-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
was just told he is in stable condition and being moved to an icu bed until his condition improves. theres still that chance that something will happend but it looks like he will pull through just fine:) and like nick said the accident was not his fault, that is why i preach to all my friends on bikes that its not just you that you need to watch for when your out riding, you have to watch all the other people on the road even more than yourself.

Deff, i was never really big on road riding, but this accident has turned me off to it big time, atleast on a track you know a car isnt going to hit you.

He is going in for a catscan around 11PM, he is in critical/stable condition, thank you for the prayers everyone!!!! When they see this i know it will help them through it!

quad2xtreme
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
My wife works in a trauma and transplant stepdown unit at Duke University. I can tell you that my wife comes home with miracle stories every week so keep the prayers coming. She would come home in tears about a patient who didn't have a good prognosis only to see him/her 3-4 weeks later doing way, way better than expected. Keep the faith.

BTW, she allows me to ride the mx track but I am not allowed to have a roadbike. They are dangerous because you aren't protected when the other guy screws up. A big "I'm sorry" from the other guy doesn't do much.

jcv400ex
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Hope he makes it okay! Was he wearing gear?

extremeblastr
07-17-2009, 08:09 AM
from the neatv website

"Hi everyone this is Lisa and i am on the hospitals computer Dalton made it through the nite fine. His scan last nite showed slight improvement with the blood around his brain. His abdomin showed no fluids which is a very good thing. The doctor on last nite told me that it looks good for Dalton. His face is not bruised at all except one little cut on his nose. Right wrist is casted from knuckles to his bicep. His left shoulder is extremely cut up, and swolen it is now in the sling. Other than that he only has his right knee that got scratched up so now he has two matching knees. He is not awake and still is all hooked up and on the breathing machine. I will let everyoe know when he is awake and can have visitors."

07-17-2009, 08:15 AM
prayer's sent

S.A.J
07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Prayers sent

extremeblastr
07-17-2009, 11:50 AM
thank you everyone, dalton is awake and in good spirits, he actually plans to attend the race this sunday as a spectator if allowed:cool:

mom710
07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone!!!! This is Lisa Dalton's mom and wanted you all to know that he is doing great!!!! He is at home and resting. We go back to the doctors on Thurs and Friday 30/31st of July. This is what happend:

Dalton and Brittney went riding with Kyle(his brother) and 3 other friends. As they were on 195 Dalton decided that because he had a passenger and no once else did that he did not want to hold them up because he was going slower (safer) with Britt on the bike. He said good bye to his brother and pulled off to an exit ramp and was going to come back home by the back roads. After getting off the exit he approached a plaza where a 72 year old woman attempetd to take a left had turn in front of him. Once she pulled out she stopped and Dalton had no where to go but into her vehicle. He tried to protect Brittney by holding on to her leg as she had his hand print on her. He flew into the car and was knocked unconsious. And YES HE HAD A SHOEI HELMET ON!!!!!!!! 550.00 helmet that protected his head. He was coma induced and transported to our local hospital since all med flights were canceled due to thunderstorms in Boston. He was then transported to Rhode Island Hospital to the Trauma ICU. he was on a breathing machine for 24 hours. Once woken up from the coma he was put into coop care at Woman and Infants (which are all connected) from there he came home and is recovering.
We go to the head trauma clinic on Thurs, 7/30 and then to ortho on Fri 7/31 to determine if he needs any type of surgerys.
If he did not have that helmet on he would not be with us today. He had some bleeding in the cavities of the brain but the second cat scan had showed that it was improving. He was on anti siezure meds for 4 days when we came home.

He does not remember the crash at all he remembers saying bye to his brother but Brittney remembers everything up to the actual crash and told me that there was no way that Dalton could have avoided the crash if he had tried he would have smashed into a cement wall.
I hope this clears up all the rumors!!! It's not bad enough he is suffereing a broken left collar bone and broken right wrist that he has to hear that it was his fault or that he was not being safe.
Actually Safe is what got him hurt so you can imagine how much this bothers me and really upsets me that people are spreading the wrong information.

Thanks and we will see everyone at Capeway 8/2 watching!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR THE PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pappy
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Glad to hear he is doing better, from teh sound sof it, it could have been pretty ugly.