PDA

View Full Version : Help....Twist Throttle

JhallettEX
11-19-2001, 09:43 PM
I just got done installing my new Twist Throttle......Motion Pro Vortec.....It is really hard to twist is there a way to adjust it so it is easier or did I install it wrong? Thanks

11-20-2001, 07:12 AM
It should be really easy to twist,,,sounds like you got the cable in a bind somewere along the cable path,,recheck the entire path,,cuz that's the last thing you want is a stuck or improperly working throttle,,don't ride it till it's a smooth twist.

11-20-2001, 07:57 AM
When I put my Motion pro on, mine did not snap back to a closed position. But with a little lube and and a short break in period it works great. It snaps back now!

11-20-2001, 01:04 PM
...do you guys like twist?

Smoker
11-20-2001, 03:27 PM
Lube it like excell400 suggested or remove the throttle assembly and sand the handle bars under the plastic tube. 300ex xe003#1 I like a twist a lot especially when your tired, it's a lot easier to hold on and doesn't require you to contort your right hand on those tight right hand turns. It's a preference thing though. :p

Nausty
11-20-2001, 04:40 PM
I would never have a twist throttle on a quad they are very dangerous and it seems hard to use the way you ride a quad instead of a dirt bike. But twist throttles can be very dangerous thats how I drove my dirt bike through a window fourth gear pinned. very long story but I can say it wouldn't of happened if I didn't have a twist throttle and I don't know how I hit the window either I should be dead right now.

JhallettEX
11-20-2001, 04:42 PM
I sanded the handelbar down before putting it on. It feels like the cable is just really stiff, hard to turn. I will go out and recheck it know, but is there anything else it could be? Thanks