PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal

adamcky
07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm trading my 1996 honda cr 80
(http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/1266648660.html)
, which needs fork seals and wheel bearings, and $700 cash for this lt 250r, should I do it?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/1268859334.html

fx4pitrone
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
I have a biased opinion towards Qr's so I'd do it! That 250 seems pretty clean.... Take stator cover off and grab flywheel-make sure there is no movement. Check frame swingarm and engine cases for cracks REALLY WELL!!

adamcky
07-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I will do that

Rebel lt250r
07-20-2009, 08:16 PM
i believe 80 over is the last bore before re-sleeve, so make sure it has good compression. you shouldn't be able to kick it over by hand easily

dido on the search for cracks

did you ask the guy what he is thinking? probably a couple hundred to boot if its all there.

adamcky
07-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Rebel lt250r
i believe 80 over is the last bore before re-sleeve, so make sure it has good compression. you shouldn't be able to kick it over by hand easily

dido on the search for cracks

did you ask the guy what he is thinking? probably a couple hundred to boot if its all there.
I got it 3 days ago, the compression is really good, it runs like a champ, there were no cracks, the only thing is the steering has some play in it, it probably needs a bushing or bearing re-placed?

Rebel lt250r
07-20-2009, 09:35 PM
up and down play? if so need a steering stem bushing, pretty common

adamcky
07-21-2009, 09:20 AM
up and down play? if so need a steering stem bushing, pretty common
It moves back and forth too, my old 4 trax honda was like that, how often do you have to re-build these things?

LTandRaptorider
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by adamcky
It moves back and forth too, my old 4 trax honda was like that, how often do you have to re-build these things?

That would be the bushing at the bottom of the stem. The plastic (delrin?) bushing actually wears fairly quick. If you do much riding, plan on replacing it once a year.

Rebel lt250r
07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
there is a guy on quadracerhq that makes a bushing for them, and from what i hear they last a long time.

his handle is sblt

adamcky
07-21-2009, 08:38 PM
there is a guy on quadracerhq that makes a bushing for them, and from what i hear they last a long time.

his handle is sblt
Do you know how much they cost?

Rebel lt250r
07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
no clue, your gonna have to get on quadracerhq and send him a pm.

LTandRaptorider
07-22-2009, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by adamcky
Do you know how much they cost?

I bought one and put on mine. No use on it yet, so haven't seen how long it will last. I think it cost around $40. My only complaint, it was VERY tough to pound in place. But once in alls good.

He used to have a web site with all kinds of cool QR billet stuff, but doesn't have the site any longer... :confused:

Rebel lt250r
07-22-2009, 07:58 PM
if your talking about the q-lab, i dont think it will get back up ever again, too bad too, i was just gettting into my quadracers when he shut down, hAD THE BEST PIPES AVAILABLE:confused:

LTandRaptorider
07-22-2009, 08:47 PM
if your talking about the q-lab, i dont think it will get back up ever again, too bad too, i was just gettting into my quadracers when he shut down, hAD THE BEST PIPES AVAILABLE:confused:

Naw, I mean the guy you talked about. SBLT- Shawn Bosh. He used to have a site you could order from. Last I checked he still sells the same stuff on ebay.

fx4pitrone
07-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea, I've bought 3 bushings from him. Great quality, but like LT said, a challenge to get in! On QRHQ pm him.. I just got a pair from him a week ago... if he's out, he'll make up more.. good guy to deal with

adamcky
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by fx4pitrone
Yea, I've bought 3 bushings from him. Great quality, but like LT said, a challenge to get in! On QRHQ pm him.. I just got a pair from him a week ago... if he's out, he'll make up more.. good guy to deal with
I'll give him a pm, how much are they?

fx4pitrone
07-24-2009, 07:41 AM
I cant remember exactly... maybe like $35???? Dont quote me but around there...

LTandRaptorider
07-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by fx4pitrone
I cant remember exactly... maybe like $35???? Dont quote me but around there...

Sounds about right. After the first of many times adamcky asked the price, I stated it was around $40 I paid. Guess he missed that post. :p

Not sure if you can see in the pic, but some of the stuff I got from SBLT. Billet engine mounts... Torque link.. on other side is billet knurled oil filler cap... and of course the steering stem bushing.. Looking at this pic reminds me I need to get a case saver from him.

Quad18star
07-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Sounds about right. After the first of many times adamcky asked the price, I stated it was around $40 I paid. Guess he missed that post. :p

Not sure if you can see in the pic, but some of the stuff I got from SBLT. Billet engine mounts... Torque link.. on other side is billet knurled oil filler cap... and of course the steering stem bushing.. Looking at this pic reminds me I need to get a case saver from him.

I'm gunna throw you down a set of stairs and steal your quad. :D

LTandRaptorider
07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm gunna throw you down a set of stairs and steal your quad. :D

:D

Would you believe I start the latest rebuild over 2 years ago?? Pretty much done, just need to cylinder bored 1 more size over. Since LRD did the original work, I was going to send it back to them. But $300 for a bore and boost ported piston... I may go with a local machine shop that has a good rep. But dam, I should do something soon! When you get another sport quad, maybe I'll bring it up. You can fix me up with a cute Canadian chick! ;)

Ok, sorry to get off topic. Carry on.

fx4pitrone
07-24-2009, 02:18 PM

Yea you do need to get one! LOL

I never get bored looking at your quad... it's freakin mint! I'll get some pics up of my 92 when its done... you just need some decals for it now!

adamcky
07-24-2009, 08:17 PM

haha I completelty forgot you told me it cost 40, but anyway the lt looks good man.

Quadzilla2win
08-04-2009, 08:54 AM
sblt still sells them. not a Qlab item. I have it on my my bike. works great.

08-08-2009, 03:06 PM
man thats a sweep looking 250r where can i get some crome parts for my 86 250r.

LTandRaptorider
08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by antwon
man thats a sweep looking 250r where can i get some crome parts for my 86 250r.

Thanks! :cool:

The pipe is the LRD adjustable pipe- very happy with it. The polished engine cases I got off ebay. The billet aluminum engine mounts I got from a guy on a QuadRacer site that makes that stuff. quadracer HQ has a lot of info and stuff. The guy is on there, username I think is SBLT.

08-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks raptorider your a big help ..