PDA

View Full Version : tuning my elkas

reconmaster
07-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi guys I just got my 1st set of elkas (elites) over the winter well 1st set of shocks that are not stock. i have playyed with them up front a little bit. the rear is working great. the front on the other hand is working good but not great. when it gets more choppy out the rougher it gets for me. mind you i am sitting down and strapped in (paraplegic) what can i do to make it ride smoother over the bumps and chop when i pinn it? any help would be greatly appreciated

Colby@C&DRacing
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
There are two reasons it would ride like that. 1 they are to stiff and deflecting off of the bumps. 2 the rebound is to fast which causes the shocks to feel stiff even though they compression fine the fast return to extended length make them fine as though they never moved.

When do you feel this more when you are slowing down from high speed or when you are going fast in a straight line?

reconmaster
07-16-2009, 09:51 AM
it does this when i am going through the bumps/chop at high speed and at times low speed. not to be dumb but which way do i turn the high and low speed knobs to make the compression softer/stiffer and where do i play with the rebound?

Colby@C&DRacing
07-17-2009, 08:46 AM
You would turn the knobs counter clockwise to make it softer. Gold knob is low speed small bumps, black is high speed big bumps. The rebound is either a black knob at the bottom of the shock or a straight blade crew at the bottom of the shock depending n how old they are. You also should has the ability to change the cross over arrangement in the springs to soften your shocks also.