PDA

View Full Version : FTZ Racing Pipe Problems

volsung
07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I've been busy putting my bike back together and was just wondering. Has any one else had problems with the fit and finish of FTZ pipes? It took for ever to get the pipe and then they didn't send the mid pipe and silencer. It took almost another month to get them and when I did, they didn't fit at all and had scratches from being clamped during fabrication.:( A quick trip to the shop and polisher and we were in buisness but I didn't think I would have to build it myself for that kind of money. Was it just me or is this common?

volsung
07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
New FTZ Pipe

skyhighatv
07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
What FTZpipe is that? The midrange pipe or the other one more for top end?

volsung
07-16-2009, 05:18 PM
top end

800screws
07-16-2009, 05:32 PM
why would u buy an FTZ anyway.....:(

volsung
07-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Well, hindsight is 20/20.:ermm:

volsung
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I know better now and after dealing with them this time, there won't bea another.

1promodfan
07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by volsung
I know better now and after dealing with them this time, there won't bea another.

Whats wrong with FTZ?? I thought they were a stand-up company. Just wondering??

volsung
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Kind of a long story, but the nutshell version is this.

I hadbought a FTZ pipe and needed the spings, silencer and midpipe so I called FTZ and ordered everything at once. One week later the spring arive with no silencer or midpipe. I called and they said they messed up the order and would send it out right away. Two weeks later I call because I still have no silencer or mid pipe and the inform me that the silencer is made but they had to order material for the mid pipe. Another week goes by and I call again this time the material just arived and it will be built and sent soon. When I finally got the silencer and mid pipe, the mid pipe was 3/4" too long, the silencer was scratched like it was twisted in a vise and the mid pipe would in no way fit in the silencer. I just thought that for what they are asking (and getting) for those pipes, it would have been a little more on time and I wouldn't need to cut, polish and bore things to get it to fit. (which is what they suggested)

Just my thoughts and I was wondering if this was a fluke or common.

revman
07-17-2009, 08:58 PM
dont feel to bad i ordered a out of frame pipe and mounting hard wear. after three weeks i got the pipe and i'm still waitin for the hardwear kit a year later. i gave up so i just made my own.

volsung
07-18-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't understand that. I own my own buisness and I'm thinking that if I treated my customers like that or shipped items out all scratched and didn't fit, I wouldn't have customers very long.
When I called to ask about the items not fitting, they asked if I had acces to certain tools and suggested I cut, bore and polish myself. I can just imagine telling one of my customers "It doesn't fit? Well just cut it off a little and hey, just go ahead and polish out those scratch marks for us."