PDA

View Full Version : Quads on TV

BEAVER.989
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Will we ever see more quads on tv? It's all supercross and motocross on bikes. I've never seen quad motocross on tv... ever.

NAZ450r
07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
there is some ones from like 05 and 06 on vs about once a week on grassroots racing

yellowzo3
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
a couple years ago or whatever quads were starting to get legit coverage on tv and it seemed like the sport was on the rise. now quad coverage is right back where it started and around my area the quad scene is gone. like NAZ said, the only time i saw it on tv was on vs and even then it wasn't anything to brag about. But yeah no doubt you can find any kind of bike racing on tv and tons of reruns of the same races until the next week. not sure if anyone on here watches fueltv, but they're an action sports channel or whatever and i have never seen a show dedicated to or even featuring quads. lots of bikes though. so if they haven't even begun to show quads even a little on that channel im not sure anyone else besides espn has even thought about doing so. fueltv isn't all xgames or dew tour 24/7 either. they always have these random surf videos and stuff from back in the day (which they play over and over) so im SURE a show about quads at least once a week wouldn't hurt.

muddy400EX
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
ya fueltv is awesome, i watch it just for fmx stuff, even tho i ride quads im actually more into the bikes. lol

but they definately need atleast one quad show

Jigsaw
07-15-2009, 06:04 PM
They had GNCC races on Versus, I was watching it yesterday around 330pm EST

ilikedirt
07-15-2009, 06:07 PM
word...At least its something...

07-15-2009, 06:22 PM
What I don't understand is,

ATV sales surpass dirt bike sales. To me, it seems like ATV's are generally just more popular. Whenever, where ever I go riding, I ALWAYS see other quads. It's completely normal and everyone rides them. But only once in a blue moon I see a dirt bike out riding. All of my friends except for a few people ride ATV's.

So to me, it would only make sense it would be the other way around. You would think there would be more ATV's on TV and not dirt bikes.

Maybe it's just because the media WANTS to sway us. We are only the red headed step child to the motorsport world. I'll never understand it.

ProspectorJim
07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I saw some quad freestyle on some kicker event on Fuel TV today. That's about it.

yellowzo3
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I saw some quad freestyle on some kicker event on Fuel TV today. That's about it.

aw crap of course i miss it... was it good? or like a 5 minute thing lol

ProspectorJim
07-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
aw crap of course i miss it... was it good? or like a 5 minute thing lol

It was only a few minutes, but so was the fmx segment.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
What I don't understand is,

ATV sales surpass dirt bike sales. To me, it seems like ATV's are generally just more popular. Whenever, where ever I go riding, I ALWAYS see other quads. It's completely normal and everyone rides them. But only once in a blue moon I see a dirt bike out riding. All of my friends except for a few people ride ATV's.

So to me, it would only make sense it would be the other way around. You would think there would be more ATV's on TV and not dirt bikes.

Maybe it's just because the media WANTS to sway us. We are only the red headed step child to the motorsport world. I'll never understand it.

Well just because you see more quads on the trail doesnt mean they are more popular. When it comes to FMX and motocross people would rather watch dirtbikes because they are capable of much more.

I'm not saying I prefer watching dirtbikes than quads.. it really does chap my @ss that you never see quads on cable. As I am typing this there's short clips of dirtbike fmx on mtv2.. :rolleyes:

Tommy Warren
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I watched a bomb squad guy crash doing a backflip on the show "destroyed in seconds" the bike landed on him and broke his leg I think it was Chad Gagnon or something. a few months ago I watched Dan guetter backflip a moving freight train. I forget what show it was on. stunt junkies I think. so the only way to get a quad on tv is to back flip and/or crash!

TrapZ400
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I miss the WPSA. Its too bad that the AMA/ATVA can't do what the WPSA did. (ESPN and big name outside the industry sponsors) I think the sport needs a big title sponsor like monster, rockstar, redbull, etc. or even lucas oil to come in and get ATVMX back on TV. It works for the bikes.

Also the more people that go to the races the bigger its going to get. Which will increase the chances of quads getting more TV coverage. If there is a ATVMX, GNCC, and Dirt Track national in your state please try to go to them and bring as many people as you can.

TrapZ400
07-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I watched a bomb squad guy crash doing a backflip on the show "destroyed in seconds" the bike landed on him and broke his leg I think it was Chad Gagnon or something. a few months ago I watched Dan guetter backflip a moving freight train. I forget what show it was on. stunt junkies I think. so the only way to get a quad on tv is to back flip and/or crash!
Christian Gagnon and Jon Guetter

QuadJunkies
07-16-2009, 12:41 AM
ITs a good thing we have video Coverage here Eh? :D

WE all would like to see it on TV,of course were passionate about our sport , but is EVERYONE else as passionate? How much does the average job blow all over the world feel about watching quad racing?
Viewers ratings vs. $$ is what it all boils down to and with budget cuts this year Im sure has something to do with no TV coverage.Maybe on a viewers rating we are not .

Maybe they dont feel it will get high enough ratings to support the outlandish cost?? ID liek to thin kso but just maybe were are still not quite there yet.
Just a thought.

Tommy Warren
07-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
Christian Gagnon and Jon Guetter

If we had more quads on tv I would know these people!

yellowzo3
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ITs a good thing we have video Coverage here Eh? :D

WE all would like to see it on TV,of course were passionate about our sport , but is EVERYONE else as passionate? How much does the average job blow all over the world feel about watching quad racing?
Viewers ratings vs. $$ is what it all boils down to and with budget cuts this year Im sure has something to do with no TV coverage.Maybe on a viewers rating we are not .

Maybe they dont feel it will get high enough ratings to support the outlandish cost?? ID liek to thin kso but just maybe were are still not quite there yet.
Just a thought.

you're right about everyone else not being as passionate about the sport as us for sure. I think when people see quads racing, or even when the wpsa was on tv, they looked at it as kind of an exhibition type thing you see sometimes like the figure 8 races or motorhome races lol and stuff like that. unless you ride quads, read up on them and follow whats going on, you'd never know how serious the sport is. AND that stupid name espn gave the race... the pro super quad class 450 racers or some crap like that... how could someone take that seriously haha. plus quads already have a bad reputation everywhere so its twice as hard to convince people that its worth the tv time.

muddy400EX
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
you're right about everyone else not being as passionate about the sport as us for sure. I think when people see quads racing, or even when the wpsa was on tv, they looked at it as kind of an exhibition type thing you see sometimes like the figure 8 races or motorhome races lol and stuff like that. unless you ride quads, read up on them and follow whats going on, you'd never know how serious the sport is. AND that stupid name espn gave the race... the pro super quad class 450 racers or some crap like that... how could someone take that seriously haha. plus quads already have a bad reputation everywhere so its twice as hard to convince people that its worth the tv time.

i agree with you man, i think alot of people dont realize that quads have a season of racing just like bikes. they think its just a one time race that random people do:(

motofreak2772
07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Ive seen quads on fuel. It was on m80 there was a freestyle show and some amature quad guys were there, I cant remember who exactly I think it was the quads only guys. Idk I used to talk to them on the akraix forum.
Quad nationals used to be on OLN(VS) but they didnt get much exposure if there were commercials or something I would have been watching every time they came on but I could never figure out when that crap came on. They just need to give us more time Im sure that by now there are enough fans that if everyone watched the shows they would be able to keep it going.