PDA

View Full Version : clutch gasket

woodsracer144
07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
ok so my clutch gasket isnt sealing right... i've used 2 NEW gaskets and it keeps on leaking alot... its the bolt that is closest to the front of the quad right by the water pump and CB...

Honda 250r 001
07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
isint that the bolt that has the centering pin in it? are the surfaces flat or has the cases been dropped and smashed sliglthy there.

woodsracer144
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM
i onlt have one peg... its down more... like right under the water pump.... the cases look fine when i took the clutch cover off i set it on a cunk of wood so i wouldnt get defected... the cases were fine too... i dont get it...

woodsracer144
07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
yep... its not good... some how my cases got a crack in it and broke off the "nut" i'm gonna call it for the bolt where it leaks by the wate pump... im so sick of dealing with this dang thing... its one of those things where i just want to set it in the corner and leave it for a while till i get the want to do it again!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH its always gotta be some thing that hold me back... just got my rear shock back and all this other stuff and now this...

woodsracer144
07-15-2009, 09:47 PM
this is how mine broke...

this isnt mine though...

Creech52
07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Ninja edit...

"I see what you did there"

If yours is just cracked there, get it welded, It can not cost that much, if I had a TIG and lived near by Id do it for free.

ORRRRRR... you can JB weld it if its just a crack and you need a quick fix.

woodsracer144
07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Creech52
So your saying the case is cracked causing the threads to open up and the bolt not to grab?? If such is the case I would get the crack welded then drill out the threads and tap it for the next size up.

Im sorry to hear your getting discouraged, I know the feeling.

i dont know what your sayin and i dont know how to explain it... dont mean to be mean but im rather grumpy now but its just like in the pic above... i have a chunk broke out almost just like that...

hopfully idont have to take it all apart...