PDA

View Full Version : jetting

mxpimp2000
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
what is the best way to determine if my jetting is perfect? ive been hearing if it aint deadon then im losing major HP. it dont backfire or anything like that, the header glows at night but dosent get past the bend in the header so around 1/4 glows. my fan kicks on sometimes but not all the time.

i can hold my throttle in at idle around 1/4-1/2 and it sounds a little off. it dosent backfire but it sounds like a miss but its not that bad at all just barley does it. something like brrrrrrrrrr da brrrrrrr da da brrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrr da

Ride1Rob
07-15-2009, 06:15 AM
So you mean to tell me of all the PM's you've sent me as well as several posts in this forum about how to check for proper jetting other than a dyno you still don't know? I just went through this with you not even 3-4 months ago :rolleyes: .

Pack
07-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
So you mean to tell me of all the PM's you've sent me as well as several posts in this forum about how to check for proper jetting other than a dyno you still don't know? I just went through this with you not even 3-4 months ago :rolleyes: .
I could use some help with this as well.

yfzrider690
07-15-2009, 12:32 PM
For one thing you can't tell if your jetted right just from hitting the throttle when it's idling. That isn't gonna tell you crap. If it pulls hard through all the gears then you are pretty good. You can check your plug to see if it's white, if so you are lean. What is done to your bike and what is your current jetting and elevation?

mxpimp2000
07-15-2009, 08:39 PM
ok 4get i posted this thread sorry to bother anyone

Vampire2800
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
I wanna learn how to do the brrrrrrrr da brrrrrrrrr da brrrrrr thing. That's pretty kewl. I don't know anything about jetting or if I even have it but that was a pretty kewl analogy. From watching all the threads related to jetting, someone could make millions if they wrote a Cliff Notes or a Jetting For Dummies book with color pictures & pop-ups. I'd buy the crap out of them. 1 for the truck, 1 for the wife's truck, 1 for the bathroom, 1 for the living room, 1 for the bedroom, etc.

Just found this, check it out:

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-183/how-daddog-changing-pilot-main-jet-12310/

Pack
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Is the "Air Screw" the "Fuel Screw"? Or is there another place where it's at?

yfzrider690
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
The air/fuel screw is located on the bottom of the carb. You have to take the bowl off to access it. Most people buy a aftermarket screw so you can adjust it easier.