PDA

View Full Version : burgard, rad, boss, east coast atv

Banshee_370
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM
needed to order a carrier asap, which one should i go for. i like the 3/8 socket on the burgard but is it billet? doesnt say.

is a grease zerk better in the middle or the outside? by swinger already has a hale with a nut in the swingarm for the zerk if that matters.(came that way when i bought it)

Fear250r
07-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I know it's not up there, but I went with RPM last time. Great customer service and a well built unit.

ny250r
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
I have had RAD and Lonestar double roller bearing carriers in the past. I have found the bearings wear out too fast (cheap china bearings with sloppy tolerances). I ended up buying a carrier from Mazuratv on E.B.A.Y. after talking with the seller. They designed these themselves and use 2 pairs of standard 6908 bearings with inner seals removed (stock bearing and replacements are easy to get). The carrier is a bit heavier than others though. Also, the grease fitting can be accessed near the sprocket hub. Check it out!

Ruf Racing
07-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Did you decide on a carrier yet?

1989trx250r
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I also needed a bearing carrier, after reading this thread I listened to ny250r and went with the Mazuratv housing and I couldnt be happier. GREAT quality piece, ingenious with the grease fitting position, and lightning fast shipping. I would definitely recommend this housing. $129 shipped. Worth every penny.

Jason