PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Clutch Cable Help

Allison55ex'er
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Today I was messing with my clutch cable because it seems harder to pull then normal and since I have had it it wouldnt take off until the lever was almost all the way out which probably means I need a new clutch. But anyways I loosened the cable up and sprayed some PB blaster down into the cable I would definetly not recomend this cause it seems like it made it worse but my problem is that when I was putting the cable back on and adjusting it I had it too where it had about a 1/4 inch before it engaged and I started it up and shifted into gear and it jumped forward and stalled with the clutch pulled in. so i tightened it up to where there was no slack in the lever started it and same thing. so i tightened it a little more to where it was already engaging a little without pulling the lever just to see what it would do and after starting it and putting it into gear it jumped forward a little bit and then I let the clutch all the way out and it didnt move. I dont understand whats wrong with it I pulled it into the garage changed the oil and now its not working right. I hope someone can help me out before we go riding this weekend

Allison55ex'er
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
forgot to add that the oil is Klotz Flex Drive 30

86 Quad R
07-14-2009, 02:36 PM
what your describing is a classic case of a grooved basket, inner hub or both but is nor limited to that. i've also seen worn push rod assembly act very similar. hope this helps. :cool:

Allison55ex'er
07-14-2009, 02:36 PM
well I started over with the readjusting and i got it to where it doesnt jump forward as much and its moving forward when i let the clutch out now but when it isnt running it is hard to pull the lever and when it is running its easier didnt do that before

Allison55ex'er
07-14-2009, 07:22 PM
thanks for the help I will have to tear it down but hopefully I will be able to get a good ride out of it this weekend before I do that. Might be going to Bullgap!