PDA

View Full Version : Miss ME?

Snipe
07-13-2009, 09:18 PM
LMAO yeah I know none ya missed me my net has been down and going in and out stupid guy came to fix it and just changed the wire its the modem thats bad!!! lmao ill be on hopefully by tomorrow if not im throwing all the crap in a box and telling them to come get it. :devil:

bergoff
07-13-2009, 09:34 PM
do you have dsl or cable internet.

bergoff
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
i work for comcast as a service tech. in your address bar enter 192.168.100.1
depending on your modem click on signal or it will be on the first page. downstream should be between +10 and -10. and upstream should be above 35 and below 53. and also a packet loss test in your command prompt might help. usually your modem is totally shot or its fine. i have seen a few that had packet loss or were really slow. it really sucks when you are having internet problems. we are so dependent on it. good luck.

Snipe
07-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I had mediacom cable internet.

I had major packet loss last night I had recieved somewhere around 27million packets and only sent like 3 million. It was horrible enough that the net wouldnt shut down but slow enough it wouldnt open a web page.

They came and changed a splitter said it was bad and I jumped on them and they ordered me a new modem tired of jacking with it ya know. With phone, net and TV I pay like $110 a month when the modem goes out the NET and TV both quit , was getting tired of paying for something I couldnt use.

bergoff
07-14-2009, 11:17 AM
mediacom is usually good. they are huge here in northern il and southern wi. they had to order you a new modem. that is weird i carry 3 on my truck. but every company is different. were do you live. if you have any questions just pm me.