PDA

View Full Version : Keihin pilot jet question

Rkangel7
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I just received my #40 pilot jet to replace my stock #38. The new jet is quite a bit longer than the stock one. It looks like I was sent the 28mm 21-series jet not the 23.5mm 26-series jet. Does anyone know if this jet will work?

aDviSol2y
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
When I replaced mine with a 42, it was longer also. It worked fine. As long as it is level or below the hole it goes into, I would say you are good!

bigbad400
07-13-2009, 10:44 PM
i dont know about that i got a 40 and a 42 and they are all the same as the 38 i pulled out of it, i would double check. i also have kehin jets, i baught a dyno jet kit and it was way off of whats right for my quad, the 170 dj main (biggest in the stg 2&3 kit) was too small but i have a 165 kehin and its almost too big (162.5 would be the sweet spot 160 is too small).... from now on i use kehin on kehin and mikuni on mikuni and dyno jet goes in the garbage!!

honda400ex2003
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
dynojet is different than the equivalent keihin. there is a good chart around that shows the difference between every size. anyway you should be fine with a longer one as long as it is not sticking out of the hole. I would use it, you just have to make different adjustments since it is longer than the other one. I am unsure if it will lean it out or make it richer but my inkling is that it will make it a bit leaner so i would start at 3 and go in from there with the f/a screw. you should be able to dial it in since it does not make that much of a difference in how lean or rich it really is. steve