PDA

View Full Version : Lifan 150 motor in action

Ride1Rob
07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
This is a vid of Jam testing the new Lifan 150 motor with his new Pitster Exhaust. This is the best lil thumper motor that I have seen thus far or ran in the bike. The motor is completely stock and he's running all these scene's in 3rd gear with a 16t front sprocket and the stock rear. I have the goodies to wake it up (Ported head, hc piston, and cam) but I think I'm gonna run it like this until the end of the season then wake it up on a top end rebuild. Tons of torque as you can see in the vid. When I get some good footage I'll post vids of some of the races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QccZ5nF127Y

leager-n-ky
07-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks like he likes it, Sounds good. My 11yr old said he better put some pants on ( he burnt his leg) I dont guess you have any problems with the neighbors calling " THE LAW" on you, do you??? LOL

nordic quad
07-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Lookin good Rob,what carb are you running with it and are you liking the pitster exhaust,looks like its making good power,can he just keep it in third even in the slowest turns?

Ride1Rob
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Looks like he likes it, Sounds good. My 11yr old said he better put some pants on ( he burnt his leg) I dont guess you have any problems with the neighbors calling " THE LAW" on you, do you??? LOL

Yeah, he's loving the way the bike runs. The new exhaust sits in closer to the frame and it's pretty difficult to burn himself with this one. The other exhaust we had he nicked himself a couple of times. As for the neighbors, they love to watch him ride. I've never had a problem with anyone calling my co workers one me ;) . At the same time this is not an everyday thing as I know the noise would get old.

Originally posted by nordic quad
Lookin good Rob,what carb are you running with it and are you liking the pitster exhaust,looks like its making good power,can he just keep it in third even in the slowest turns?

Thanx! We're still running the VM26 to keep bottom end torque. And the pister gives more power than the pipe we had. It's mostly noticeable in the bottom and mid range. The right hand turn he's making where that rusted trailer is... he's in 3rd gear there as well. That's probably as slow as you can get rounding a corner. The motor has no problem coming out of it kicking dirt behind. Will be interesting to see what it'll do with goodies added.

nordic quad
07-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Ok thank you Rob,sounds like this is a nice set up to start learning manual shifting:) ,by the way we are comming over to Highlands Reseve 23 Feb.to 10 Mar. next year(we wont make it this year)Is there any mini quad action to watch around this time of the year in the Orlando area?

Ride1Rob
07-17-2009, 03:33 PM
We'll be racing during that time of the year next year. The schedule for Dade City and Bartow won't be out until the end of this year so I couldn't tell you if a race night fell in those dates. Keep me posted and I'll let you know. Bartow is maybe an hour drive from Orlando depending on where you are and Dade City is probably 2hrs. Dade City is stacked with quads in every class on their points nite and have a few classes of mini quads and have several races. Bartow is mostly mini quads on point nites and normally run one class x2 motos.

nordic quad
07-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Thank you Rob,i will get back to you about the schedule sometime after new years,it would be fun if we could catch some mini quad action while we are there,keep us posted on how Jam is doing for the rest of the season:D

tboltusa
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
way to go man , your kid rips !