PDA

View Full Version : valve/piston clearance

jason400ex
01-07-2003, 11:48 AM
long time reader- first time postin.
im thinkin of putting a je 10.8:1 (416) piston and hot cams stage 2 in my 400 but i have a couple of questions. i have read all the posts but this is a specific question maybe someone has experience on. would eliminating the base gasket and using an xr head gasket with this piston casuse any troubles with piston/valve clearances. the last thing i want to do is bang a valve on my new piston. also, i have been reading the weisco compression posts on how the compression isnt as advertised. is the je piston's published compression ratio's dead on or they inaccurate as well. im trying to get as close to a true 11:1 as possible.
thanks for any replies

YZROOSTINYA
01-07-2003, 12:03 PM
i know there isnt any probs with the xr head gasket but dropping the base at the same time idont know, what would you use in place of the base gasket

UglyMotha™
01-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
i know there isnt any probs with the xr head gasket but dropping the base at the same time idont know, what would you use in place of the base gasket

silicone, i've seen it done many of times and is as good as a gasket

jason400ex
01-07-2003, 05:37 PM
yep-silicone was the plane for the base gasket. thanks for the responses everyone.