PDA

View Full Version : transmission broke

vondeister
07-13-2009, 08:02 PM
anyone have any trouble with the case breaking at the shift stop.
or frame engine mounts cracking? i'm at 27 hp and running mostly TT

jakes
07-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Since Pappy posted on this forum a post about the engine mounts cracking numerous people experienced the same problem. I had two frames from Yamaha that the engine mounts cracked. Since I teared it down (about 1 year ago) and had the frame gusseted and re-welded and strengthened the engine mounts my frame problems stopped. My son ride MX and XC with a 250 Raptor.

mxslevnik69
07-14-2009, 09:27 AM
i broke the bottom rear motor mount and bent the two front ones

vondeister
08-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Yamaha helped with the case repair through their good faith, It cost me around $200 for the new case's to be replaced with all new bearings and seals. also added new rings to the JE piston, while we were in there.

I added gusits and welded the engine mounts! so the race raptor will be back this week.

Now to repair the back up blaster that got upside down.... before the next race on the 22nd.

hr15
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Is the new case half on the clutch side made any stronger.We just had the same issue with the stop.

vondeister
09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure, i got the dealer to warranty the repair. so i din't get to see the new cases.
i took off as much of the race parts i could to not make it look like a race bike for the warranty. not that racing would have had anything to do with this failure.

I did re-inforce my frame / engine mounts after they broke.

hr15
09-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks for putting the word out,good luck with your Raptor.