PDA

View Full Version : To high or to low???

Stoke88
07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
I've been thinking about getting a rocket latley and unfortunatly if I do I have to get rid of my quad. I'm just checking to see if I'm a little hight or low on my price. But its in great shape. I bought it a year ago from a friend who had it from new. Over the winter I put about $2000 in aftermarket parts with the intention of riding alot but that didn't happen. All the aftermarket parts are all new and have about 2 total hours on them. I just bought a One industries graphic kit for it and haven't put it on as you can see in the pic. All the upgrades are in my sig. I'd be looking to get a good $2500 for it. Do you think thats to high or to low? Please be honest.

In this pic I didn't have the air scoops installed either. Nothing else has changed though.
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/Stoke88/SN850256.jpg

buster024
07-13-2009, 08:45 PM
If you want $2500, then ask for $3000. People like to think they got a deal. I personally think you probably won't get more than $2k or so. You could probably sell the steering stem, and some of the other aftermarket parts, replace them with stock parts, and still sell the bike for the same price.

aDviSol2y
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Unfortunatly buster is right, you probably wont get much more than 2k out if it. All the aftermarket parts don't mean squat! You are petter off parting them out if you still have the stock parts. Although I could be a little off with the price for I live on the other side of the country.

bigbad400
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
stock suspention and all.... id say 1500 around here i paid 1200 for mine.

bigbad400
07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
now that i think about it i was offered a 05 or so 660 raptor piped and with new tires and 1200 for it like 5 days ago, all the raptor needed was a air filter(mouse got it) and brakes. id say thats more than 2500, guess it depends on the buyer, i did put like 1300 into it since i got it. but on stock pogos i wouldnt pay that.... but i wont sell mine unless i get a great deal.... i turned down the raptor... now im kicking myself, but i love my 400.

aDviSol2y
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
In this economy, you arn't gettin much. I've seen 400's for dirt cheap on craigs list stay for months and months. I almost bought a 426 hybrid just for the springs and a project bike for $1200 but then my wife found out what I was doing and put a stop to it! Damn broad!

sab24711
07-14-2009, 03:37 PM
put some floor wax on the plastics then you be getting calls like crazy even if you ask for 3500 for it.
always ask higher than what you want cause then you can get some guy who bull****s you down to a lower price. dont make it crazy like i said before but just a few hundred. fresh oil change, grease everything. new air cleaner. and some fresh meat (ones on there look good) only can help. maybe throw some old parts you got laying around too cause you wont need them. just these little thing help you reach what you want. and what helps best is a good cleaning. i cant tell you how many times i see people take pis of a dirty quad that just got done riding because the trail is in the background. their buddies tell him they should sell it so the genius takes pics right there. plus you can tell when someone doesn't take care of it.(not that all atv are babied but you get the point) and hey there is an as*hole for everyone!

dariusld
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Me and my friend were selling ours about the same time. Mine nearly stock, his alot of goodies, but mine was in better shape. He priced his really high, mine super low. I sold mine right away for $50 less than asking price. He took forever and got alot less than asking price and even less than mine. I was just lucky.

I would price it low and stick to the price. Or take forever and might not sell it at all. People notice when its a high price and you keep coming down on price.

aDviSol2y
07-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Or you could just get some insurance on it, get it stolen, buy a new bike with the money and now you have 2 bikes! LOL! JK