PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to keystone mx?

ROLLIN
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
there's some new dirt in town. "pittsburgh raceway park" is opening three mx tracks. this saturday is the first practice. check it out, here's the link

http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/forms/mxtrack.pdf

ProspectorJim
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Finally, a practice track for quads around here.I'll probably check it out this weekend if my quad is fixed.

250x_kyle
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
wont see a dime of my money. if they can have a bike only track they can have a quad only track

ProspectorJim
07-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
wont see a dime of my money. if they can have a bike only track they can have a quad only track

They probably just didn't want to deal with a bunch of rut riders complaining about their precious ruts being messed up by quads.

You should be happy they even allow quads at all.

outacontrol
07-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
They probably just didn't want to deal with a bunch of rut riders complaining about their precious ruts being messed up by quads.

x2

250x_kyle
07-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim

true but if its like any of the tracks that used to be up here it will go strait to bikes only.

ROLLIN
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see a good quad turn-out. That's the only way a track is going to cater to quads. If the quads die down the bikes will take it over, just like all the other tracks around here. bolt up those 18"s

nynetwo9
07-17-2009, 08:04 PM
some of my friends went down to look at it tonight. said the dirt bike track is cool.. but the quad track is a real dissapointment.

ProspectorJim
07-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by nynetwo9
some of my friends went down to look at it tonight. said the dirt bike track is cool.. but the quad track is a real dissapointment.

did they give any reasons as to why the quad track was disappointing?

wishmasstir
07-17-2009, 09:52 PM
I walked the track this afternoon ... there are only a few jumps that have lips on them that can launch you to the downside. Everything else looks like its a whoop, there is a table, double and triple and I think another table that didn't look bad but you sure can tell a dirt bike rider made the track. there are huge whoops on a straight section then wrap around in a turn, a straightaway along the woods that has a random pile of dirt that I guess you jump off of and then keep going until you hit the next one. I took pictures of everything there on my phone but everything looks the same for me to go on about it. If the weather holds i'll be there with the ltr to try it out at least. The one lady had me follow her back the road to show me the tracks, she said there isn't a way a quad can get on the "bike" track so she's trying to figure out why quads have to pay the same price as the bikes when they can only go on one track....I agreed with her

ProspectorJim
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by wishmasstir
I walked the track this afternoon ... there are only a few jumps that have lips on them that can launch you to the downside. Everything else looks like its a whoop, there is a table, double and triple and I think another table that didn't look bad but you sure can tell a dirt bike rider made the track. there are huge whoops on a straight section then wrap around in a turn, a straightaway along the woods that has a random pile of dirt that I guess you jump off of and then keep going until you hit the next one. I took pictures of everything there on my phone but everything looks the same for me to go on about it. If the weather holds i'll be there with the ltr to try it out at least. The one lady had me follow her back the road to show me the tracks, she said there isn't a way a quad can get on the "bike" track so she's trying to figure out why quads have to pay the same price as the bikes when they can only go on one track....I agreed with her

That's disappointing... could you post the pics?

wishmasstir
07-19-2009, 01:05 AM
rollin, outacontrol and myself went out to the track today. wasn't anything special but hopefully it will be. The guy who built the track was up for opinions on the track and was going to update it so it could actually be rode on. There were a lot of random mounds of dirt that you just rode over ... hopefully they are turning them into actual jumps now, we'll see next time.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Whaat! I'm about an hour away from this track and I don't know of a track within two hours that doesn't allow quads. If they ever let quads on the nice track, I'll go. What a tease it would be to ride their crappy track. But have to watch all those guys on bikes having fun.. and basically saying "neener neener quad riders."