PDA

View Full Version : Steering Dampers????

11-19-2001, 08:32 PM
ANYONE EVER USE A STEERING DAMPER? i MOSTLY TRAIL RIDE IN CONNECTICUT AND THE TREE STUMPS/ROOTS AND ROCKS WANT TO TEAR THE BARS OUT OF MY HANDS WHEN I GET ON IT. WOULD THE DAMPERS HELP? WHAT BRAND DO YOU USE? THANKS:devil

11-20-2001, 08:02 AM
Go out to speedracingproducts.com and look at the muscle steering dampner,,,it's kinda pricey but works great,,has 7 click adjustment, it's rebuildable, looks good and built with top quality, fairly easy to install, I sure like mine,, I would recommend it over all others if you plan on getting one,,,DON"T get the PEP low end stabilizer,,waste of money.

11-20-2001, 07:57 PM
I HAVE A DENTON RACING DAMPER. I BROKE MY WRIST LAST FALL
REQUIRING 6 PINS, 4 RODS AND 3 CONNECTING PIECES TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. A DAMPER HAS MADE IT A LOT LESS PAINFULL
TO GET BACK IN THE WOODS HITTIN TREES AND ROCKS AGAIN.
IT REALLY HELPS ON THE HIGH-SPEED OPEN TRAILS TOO.
RIDE HARD OR NOT AT ALL !!!
LATER :macho

400exRacerX
11-20-2001, 08:10 PM
Why is the PEP a waste of money? The one I have is the completely new designed one that is completely rebuildable. It costedt $150 and was well worth it. Are you talking about this damper or the old black ones that would blow the seal all the time?

11-21-2001, 06:20 AM
Yeah I was talking about the older cheaper ones,,,,go out to marcums webpage and look at the "here's the poop" forum,,,it's a list of junk companies sell,,the new designed pep's are legit,,it's the older ones I was talking about.:D