PDA

View Full Version : jb shock relocator and maier plastic

m0t0xk1d
07-13-2009, 05:08 PM
i got the stock one piece maier plastic and jb shock relocator for 2006 and older....... however the brackets on shock relocator that are suppose to mount to the plastic but it doesnt at all theres nothing. what do i do? im kinda confused. i can now longer use the bracket that was stock to hold the plastic so if i dont use the brackets on the jb( which mount to nothing on the plastic) the front just flops around.

can someone please help me?

JohnT_98300EX
07-13-2009, 05:22 PM
First thing to do? Get in touch with who you bought it from and ask them . They may have shipped the wrong one?
If that doesn't work out what I did was this. You would need to cut the fender mount from the shock relocator. Cut out the middle part of the stock fender mount, bolt it in place and bolt the fender to it. Take the biggest, toughest wire tie (zip tie) you can find and run it around the 2 halves of the stock fender support. This is how mine is mounted and has worked fine. Mine is a KOQ bracket so I didn't have to remove fender mounts from the relocator.

m0t0xk1d
07-13-2009, 06:36 PM
ya its deffinitly the right one but ya ok i see what you mean thats what i thot to do anyway
\

anybody else got ideas i wanna see other options

m0t0xk1d
07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
anyone else? i need help

ZSNOW
07-18-2009, 11:14 AM
the maier race cut fronts mount differently than stock, u have to bend it for it to work the right way, thats what we've always done, until i got my 450 style plastic then we ditched the mount all together and made custom mounts to the fenders on the relocator