PDA

View Full Version : Nationals? (gnc)

250rmike
01-07-2003, 11:34 AM
who all is gonna be racing in the nationals this year? i think it woul be cool if we all parked together. please put ur name number and some pics of ur ride so we can all meet up.

MrP
01-07-2003, 02:00 PM
I am going to all of them. I went to all of them last year and there is nothing more fun!

R-Crazy
01-07-2003, 05:12 PM
MrP, did u have a sponser help with trailoring or did you do all the driving yourself. just out of curiosity, how many miles was the whole season, and how did you do?

dave

MrP
01-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Last year I had no sponsors besides the local shops in town. My parents also support me 100% in racing. I did all of the driving to all of the Nationals. It was around 15K miles. 2002 was my first year racing ever and I finished 7th overall in 250B. This year I have sponsors so it will be easier.

01-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by MrP
2002 was my first year racing ever and I finished 7th overall in 250B.

Good job.....:)

i'm gonna try to run a few of them myself this year..mainly the ones close to home i guess..

MrP
01-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Thanks Rico, we will have to meet up.

rookiex
01-08-2003, 10:01 AM
I will this year...this was my first year well not even a year I started racing back in late july in 4 stroke c and won 10 races in a row..then they bumped me up to B won lots in that and lots of podiums and then A is deffinatly where the big boys play because it took me alot to catch up but now I am back to winning in the indoors....now I race pro class too...and this past weekend I took my first win in the pro class....over big ben jackson...He gave me his second place trophie cuz he knows me and his cousin is my best friend phllip bapist...you can look him up on the internet he is fast too....but anyway I am in 4 stroke A....in less that a year...

01-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Looks like we got some fast MX guys out here..I'm sure Mity Mo will be trackin it to all the GNC's too...

MrP
01-08-2003, 02:28 PM
rookiex- When was the last time you raced against Ben? At the awards banquet he said he was retireing because he could not ride any more due to the pain in his back. Is he going to race locals only or try and come back? Thanks.

raptor_02
01-08-2003, 03:15 PM
I plan on running 8 of them next year so I will get credit for points. I'll probaly run 250C or 4 STROKE C depending on which I feel I can do better in. I will have to do all the driving my self and I'm in an 88 model toyota pick up. Oh Betsy will make it though, she runs strong :D I probaly won't run Southwick (15 hour drive) or Buchanan. I'll definetly be at the rest unless something comes up. Here's a pic of my quad

raptor_02
01-08-2003, 03:17 PM
i always post the wrong pic, here is a better one

stocktires
01-08-2003, 04:46 PM
whoa dude, your right shock looks shorter that your left one :huh
good luck on national racing everybody!
I hope to be racing some in 2004

trx400ex
01-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I might race the one in Casey ILL if im 16 by then ( anyone who when it will be?) I went to it this year and it was pretty neat.

rookiex
01-09-2003, 10:04 AM
jackson will race again just not as much...lots of local races trust me....but its true he is backin out of the nationals as far as I know...atleast for a year or so

fourwhls
01-09-2003, 10:49 AM
I will hit the close MXs and am shooting for running all of the TTs.

Hope to see you all there....

250rmike
01-09-2003, 11:59 AM
ill be looking forward to seeing some of u guys what classes/numbers/bikes are u running

Mity Mo
01-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Looks like we got some fast MX guys out here..I'm sure Mity Mo will be trackin it to all the GNC's too...

Rico is dead on the money there. I will be racing the +30 and A Production classes. Be on the silver and blue Nacs 440EX #20. Little bro will be in 250A and 250 Pro-Am on the Red Nacs Laeger #52. See you boys and girls there.......Mo:p

raptor_02
01-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
whoa dude, your right shock looks shorter that your left one :huh
good luck on national racing everybody!
I hope to be racing some in 2004 I know , you can't see it but theres a little hump of gravels there. My left wheels is on it and my right wheel is not. Hope to have a 416 Piston and a Sparks drop in cam before nationals. Maybe some nerfs and a header pipe as well, still don't know about the nerfs yet

01-09-2003, 09:29 PM
ill be at a couple. ill probably mostly race locally tho

kicker696
01-09-2003, 09:31 PM
i'll prob. be at red bud, not sure if i will be able to go to any others though

stocktires
01-10-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by raptor_02
I know , you can't see it but theres a little hump of gravels there. My left wheels is on it and my right wheel is not. Hope to have a 416 Piston and a Sparks drop in cam before nationals. Maybe some nerfs and a header pipe as well, still don't know about the nerfs yet

oooooooooo..ok,
O yeah, I thought nerfs where manditory for nationals?

250rmike
01-10-2003, 06:47 AM
yes nerfs are mandatory at any ama race except for cross country

raptor_02
01-10-2003, 01:19 PM
no there not, i have raced several ama sanctioned races and they have never said anything about NERFS. Now for nationals they may be mandatory, i'm not sure.

MrP
01-10-2003, 01:45 PM
You wont race at a GNC MX or TT National with out Nerf Bars. You wont even make it through through tech.

Mity Mo
01-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I would not even think about racing without nerfs. Thats a real bad combination. If your AMA district isnt enforcing that then shame on them. That is not cool. You can get seriously friggin hurt without them in MX or TT. I cant speak for GNCC but I sure as heck would not run without them in MX or TT. I know I wont let anyone on any course I race on without them if they are even thinking of running in my class. MO

400exRacerX
01-11-2003, 10:02 PM
I'll be attending all the GNC events,,, who will be at Macon? I'll sure be there.

racerx573
01-12-2003, 03:28 AM
I'll be at High Point and Budds Creek for sure. And whatever other ones we can afford at the time. I'll be racing 250 B on my R (#73). It's my avatar now, but will look way different. I raced 250 C at HP last year and crashed in my LCQ, I did good my first heat up until the 3rd lap when I started to fade cuz it was pretty hot and I wasn't riding up to par. Ask Norm, he was there....ask him to describe my holeshot...LOL :p

400exBro
01-12-2003, 08:00 AM
i will be at reb bud,,, only to watch tho...
can any one tell me the date of the race so i can plan ahead of time?????
We are going down there not only to watch the race but to get a over all performance look at the cannondales....

But i will take pics, just tell your number, bike and what class you race in!!! And i am a good photograher

And if you park beside a mercedes benz ML 320 with a ontario licence plate that would be us!!!

lata

raptor_02
01-12-2003, 01:21 PM
well i'm glad i found out you have to have nerfs for a nationals. I will definetely purchase me some nerfs now

Davids440ex
01-13-2003, 09:52 PM
my Buddy Taylor Moles just got his C dale Moto will be there this year, i won't, i will try to make it the 04 seasons.

MxDale71
01-13-2003, 10:42 PM
I should be at a few during the summer after I get out of school. I might take a semester off before I go to college so I can work and get my ride better fixed up for the 04 season.

I'll be on the red C-dale Cannibal #71, driving either a red 01 Chevy (Dad's), or a blue and grey 84 Chevy (mine). Let me see if I can find a good pic of the Dale.

gncc571
01-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
I will this year...this was my first year well not even a year I started racing back in late july in 4 stroke c and won 10 races in a row..then they bumped me up to B won lots in that and lots of podiums and then A is deffinatly where the big boys play because it took me alot to catch up but now I am back to winning in the indoors....now I race pro class too...and this past weekend I took my first win in the pro class....over big ben jackson...He gave me his second place trophie cuz he knows me and his cousin is my best friend phllip bapist...you can look him up on the internet he is fast too....but anyway I am in 4 stroke A....in less that a year...

Where are you racing a,b&c classes at, because all dist 11 has is 2 stroke and 4 stroke and sometimes pro.I know its not the nationals because you said you won 10 races in c class and alot more in b and there not that many nationals. And the last time I taked to Ben he wasn't related to Phllip Bapist,Derrick Wisemen is but not Ben. What indoor race did you bet Ben?:confused:

raptor_02
01-16-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
I should be at a few during the summer after I get out of school. I might take a semester off before I go to college so I can work and get my ride better fixed up for the 04 season.

I'll be on the red C-dale Cannibal #71, driving either a red 01 Chevy (Dad's), or a blue and grey 84 Chevy (mine). Let me see if I can find a good pic of the Dale. that is a badarse dale man. That's one of my favorite Dale pics I have seen

MxDale71
01-16-2003, 07:11 PM
:D Thanks man. I still have a lot of things I wanna do. After I get an axle and Sparks exhaust, I'm gonna buy some black shockwears, and get my a-arms and swingarm powdercoated red. Should look pretty good :cool: :D !!

raptor_02
01-16-2003, 08:48 PM
its awesome the way it is, some ELKA suspension would look good on it :D How do the stock CDALE axles hold up?? Are they pretty stout??

MxDale71
01-16-2003, 10:50 PM
I'd say it's pretty tough. I haven't bent mine and my quad has been through some pretty rough situations. Multiple flips on more than one occasion, and I've cased quite a few doubles and triples. I'm gonna get a Lonestar +4 axle though. If I had a lot of money, I would have red Houser +3 a-arms, Houser steering stem, Honda tierod ends, black steelbraided brake lines all around, 4+1 Carbon fiber wheels up front w/ red beadlocks and Holeshot MX's, C-dale offsect Hyper rear wheels w/ red beadlocks and Razr MX's, Lonestar axle, Denton steering stabalizer, Sparks exhaust, X440 (or whatever the C-dale MX bike is) mapping, red powdercoated swing arm, quad tech seat cover, Lonestar +4 axle, Elka triple rate SSD's all around w/ black shockwears. That would be a bad mutha right there.

Bart
01-17-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro:
i will be at reb bud,,, only to watch tho...
can any one tell me the date of the race so i can plan ahead of time?????

Red Bud is the weekend of May 3/4. Hopefully the weather will be better this year.

250rmike
01-17-2003, 12:39 PM
i like rm axles better than the lonestar. my dream bike is a full walsh/elka cannondale speed with lrd pipe moto440 mapping, somec hypers all the way around w/ red rings. razr mx's tag t-2 cr low bend black bars and red plasti0c like mxdales

400exBro
01-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
:D Sparks exhaust, I'm gonna buy some black shockwears, and get my a-arms and swingarm powdercoated red. Should look pretty good :cool: :D !!

when you buy the sparks exhuast could you please give me a review on the product???? i am wanting to buy a sparks exhuast but i haven t heard a lot about them, i love the sparks products they have always been good...

also about the lrd powered dale i doubt lrd will ever make a exhuast for the dale, i talked to them and they siad they aren t planning on making any so..... it is kind of a bummer

MxDale71
01-17-2003, 09:11 PM
I definitely want to go with Sparks... I'm not to impressed with LRD anyways, but thats just me. Others may like them, but I don't. I'm usually more worried about suspension than I am power. To be honest though, I wanna buy a new pipe just so I can mess with my suspension a little more. I can lower the back end, but I need a new exhaust first because my stock pipe hits my brake caliper if my landing is a little rough.

racerx573
01-21-2003, 01:20 AM
I'll be at High Point and Budd's for sure. And whatever other ones we can afford...

racerx573
01-21-2003, 01:20 AM
I'll be at High Point and Budd's for sure. And whatever other ones we can afford...

James70214
01-21-2003, 06:18 PM
I'll be at the virginia on , Mt.Morris, Buds Creek, SouthWick, and Loretta Lynns
I'll Be #27 and ride my Walsh/South Bay C-Dale or a houser crf440

fmf300ex23
01-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Hopefully if everything goes as planned i should make it to 4 of them, definently macon because already have hotel room, but hope to make it to london, muddy creek, mt morris, and lorrettas, im starting college this fall so i hope i can make those and maybe more, my number is 23 and will ride OPEN B heres my quad....

250rmike
01-22-2003, 06:16 PM
ok i talked it over with my dad and were only going to a few of the nationals this year and doing alot of local races at budds creek and up in pa. i am definatly going to budds mt. morris and whatever else i feel like driving to for a national. see u guys there.

Ryan
01-22-2003, 06:59 PM
This we be my first year attending to any of the Nationals. I will most likley be at (High Point) and/or (Southwick) Either the Darren Nacarro memorial or just the national. I will not be racing any nationals this year but hopefully I will be racing locally on a new machine :D .