PDA

View Full Version : Tie-downs, leave 'em on?

BikeSwimLaugh
07-13-2009, 02:11 AM
I trail my quads on a trailer, sometimes we head up to our vacation home and I'll leave the quads tied-down on the trailer for 2-3 days....and sometimes I kinda wonder if that'll do some compromise to my springs/shocks, ya know...being all compressed n' stuff.

I know not to store the quads with the tie-downs compressing them...but how about for 2-3 days, would it be best to relieve the tension or is it just fine to leave them cinched-down?????

Scottt89
07-13-2009, 06:35 AM
It's always good to relieve the pressure for a long period of time on the shocks. Same can be said for the vehicle that you have the trailer on. If you are parking your vehicle with the trailer still attached for a few days, it's always good to leave it hooked up but jack it up so it takes some pressure off the hitch.

derekhonda
07-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
It's always good to relieve the pressure for a long period of time on the shocks. Same can be said for the vehicle that you have the trailer on. If you are parking your vehicle with the trailer still attached for a few days, it's always good to leave it hooked up but jack it up so it takes some pressure off the hitch.