PDA

View Full Version : 450R Height

RyanWsly
07-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I just got a 05 450R, rode 250R's always, and this thing corners like *** compared to my 250R IMO. I got to measuring and the shocks are 1" longer, but it looks like the travel is the same, seems to be the difference to me, I do have works shocks on my 250R, and the 450R has stock shocks but this thing feels like I'm riding a rocket ship, the frame is 2" lower on my 250R in the front, I'm looking into different shocks and looking for some advise on what I can do to get this thing more comfortable for me. I ride in the woods and that's about it, and have never had problems with clearance on my 250R, anyone have a solution for lowering it besides those things you bolt on the a-arms?

07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
contact gt thunder, get the fronts revalved, the updated rear linkage as well as the rear revalved. it will seem so much better to you, be cheaper than an aftermarkert set up, and be almost as good as aftermarket...

i'll post some pics tomorrow of 2 450r'side by side...on with the mentioned set up and one stock

RyanWsly
07-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I have a friend that has a whole set like yours, he upgraded and got ext. arms so I can't check them out side by side,wasn't sure if that would cure my complaint, didn't want to get them if I needed to go a different route. Thanks the pictures will be very helpful.

07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
i had the same problem when coming from a 400ex...the set up helped lower it to lower than my ex...but i never felt as confident in the handling of it...

07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
here are the pics...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/921056/WXKRP-derisifront2.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/921056/PBJCP-derisirear.JPG

87HONDATRX250X
07-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
contact gt thunder, get the fronts revalved, the updated rear linkage as well as the rear revalved. it will seem so much better to you, be cheaper than an aftermarkert set up, and be almost as good as aftermarket...

i'll post some pics tomorrow of 2 450r'side by side...on with the mentioned set up and one stock

Can you do that your self? Or what does it do? I might get a 450r next year and will want to widen it and lower it with out get aftermarket shocks and a-arms right away.

07-15-2009, 06:43 AM
those are stock shocks on both...the valving inside the shocks is changed. this is not something you can do on your own unless unless you know how to build shocks. almost everything in the shock is changed. essentially, you have a completely aftermarket shock for a little less...