PDA

View Full Version : Low Glow

stevengates45
11-19-2001, 08:24 PM
I got me a low glow light beneathe my bike now. When I find my camera around here somewhere I am gonna take some pics of it. Its really neat.

11-19-2001, 09:16 PM
awsome man... is it plastic or glass..b/c if it is glass then it will shatter..my friend had a few break but then he got plastic ones and hasn't had any problems....anyhow do you take this off to race..don't it add weight??

stevengates45
11-19-2001, 09:39 PM
Nah its practically feather light. I just put a peice of plastic to cover the light when i ease around. But when I race, I dont put anything over the light.

Clay
11-19-2001, 11:07 PM
Sounds Trick, i cant wait to see that pic.

Clay

11-21-2001, 03:27 PM
My friend put neon aqua blue street glow lights under his recon,
it looks really GOOD! i want to get red neons for my quad:D

Tommy 17
11-21-2001, 03:41 PM
How do u hook them up and where can i get a set of platic ones i want them on my 400 soon.

11-21-2001, 04:03 PM
www.streetglow.com
or local sports car shop.
You can hook the wire up to your batt. or run it off like your headlight or taillight wires.
They have "hot wires" that are 3' of neon wires that you can wrap around your framem they run off like 4 AA batts.
hope that helped!

out4sand
11-21-2001, 05:25 PM
I have seen those lights on some quads in the dunes, they are trick!
I have a buddy with a banshee who paints cars for a living paint his banshee frame and some plastic parts with some crazy glow in the dark paint. You have to shine a light on it sort of like a watch or those stars you can stick on your ceiling but once it's "powered up" it is the craziest thing you have ever seen. It looks like his frame is a giant green glow stick! I'll have to try and get a picture of it in the dark sometime. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen.

http://out4sand.tripod.com

stevengates45
11-21-2001, 09:23 PM
The cheapest one I have found is at auto zone. It comes with an adapter though. You have to take apart the adapter. The tip of the adapter is the positive wire, un sauder that peice & sauder a wire to where the other peice was. Do the same for the grounding peice on the sides of the adapter. The key here is that there is a converter box inside the adapter that you MUST have to make the light burn. After you put the adapter back together just run the wires to the battery. Its a peice of cake. Wont take but about 20 minutes at the most for an unexperienced person.