PDA

View Full Version : New toy added to the arsenal.

outacontrol
07-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Well as some of you might of remembered, i hate a Laeger CRF that i sold last yr to jrspawn. well i got a new ltr that i love, and wasnt even lookin to replace it, but found this hybrid in my town for a great price and couldnt pass it up. its a hermann chassis, with fresh powder on everything. been going over it for the last week, doing minor things, ordered a seat cover, and misc extras for it. i have rear hipers with it, but waiting for my new hub for it. Ran it for the first time tonite. Pulls strong and cant wait to take it off some jumps..
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/outacontrolyfz/hermann3.jpg

heres my suzuki while im at it.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/outacontrolyfz/suzuki.jpg

wishmasstir
07-12-2009, 08:13 PM
quad / quads look good, do the pro-pegs on the crf stick out away from the frame at the footpegs? there looks like a lot of tubing shown there...just talking

outacontrol
07-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Those quads are sick. I saw that ltr up latrobe one day but I didn't know it was you.

that was the one and only time i was at latrobe this yr. might take the hybrid there to break it in though.

dehner47
07-13-2009, 08:50 AM
that ltr is dope. me likey alot:D

usp4u
07-13-2009, 09:02 AM
who did the orange camo graphics? I'd love to have a blue camo set.

judecrf
07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
hey man ur laeger is here in ireland i may be buying it .do u rememeber what compresion the piston is as i dont want to melt her with the wrong octane fuel.any help would be appreciated

racerx573
07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Did that Herrmann have Full Bores on it at one time, who did you buy it from?

racerx573
07-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Nevermind, I know where you got it from. lol. I remember when he first built that thing. Be careful with that Herrmann stuff though....

outacontrol
07-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
Nevermind, I know where you got it from. lol. I remember when he first built that thing. Be careful with that Herrmann stuff though....

careful in what way??

outacontrol
07-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Let me know when you are going up to latrobe again.

thanks for the compliments guys.

As far as latrobe, it wont be this weekend, im going to the national at pleasure valley.

racerx573
07-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by outacontrol
careful in what way??

Shoulda kept that Laeger!! lol.

I don't think that Herrmm has finished too many races, lol

outacontrol
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Are you the guy with the hybrid that was at steel city last september that would not even finish a lap and it would stall out. You would kick it a million times and you would go again. Then you cases a jump stalled it and pulled the seat up kicked it some more and then ran it then stalled in on the uphills then kicked it a million times again? Must of had to start it 10 times.

:eek2:

racerx573
07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Yep, that was me :) Not sure if that was supposed to be an insult or not, but I'll brush it off. Yeah I had to kick it quite a few times, jetting was off, and something else was wrong with the motor, hence why I cased the jumps.

Is this the POS you were referring to?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/racerx573/04-05%20Projects/Hybrid005.jpg

When exactly did you start racing D5/PAMX?

racerx573
07-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Disregard that question. I see you're leading the points in D class. :p

There wouldn't even be skill classes (A, B, C, D) in D5 if it wasn't for me. Think before talking trash man ;)

Ahhh I love the new guys, lol. :huh

Just a little FYI for where that POS, and my old POS's got me in the past...

1st 2004 Spring Series Quad A Class
7th 2004 D5 State Championship Quad A Class
5th 2003 Overall District 5 Quad A Class
4th 2003 D5 State Championship Quad A Class
2nd 2002 D5 State Championship Open 2-Stroke
2nd 2002 Overall District 5 Open 2-Stroke

usp4u
07-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Ouch.

dehner47
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
Disregard that question. I see you're leading the points in D class. :p

There wouldn't even be skill classes (A, B, C, D) in D5 if it wasn't for me. Think before talking trash man ;)

Ahhh I love the new guys, lol. :huh

Just a little FYI for where that POS, and my old POS's got me in the past...

1st 2004 Spring Series Quad A Class
7th 2004 D5 State Championship Quad A Class
5th 2003 Overall District 5 Quad A Class
4th 2003 D5 State Championship Quad A Class
2nd 2002 D5 State Championship Open 2-Stroke
2nd 2002 Overall District 5 Open 2-Stroke

get em jason. stick up for all us hybrid guys. and trust me folks, this bike aint no POS. i've talked to jason on here a few times. he has great equipment and takes care of all his rides:D

racerx573
07-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
get em jason. stick up for all us hybrid guys. and trust me folks, this bike aint no POS. i've talked to jason on here a few times. he has great equipment and takes care of all his rides:D

LOL. Wasn't trying to attack or nothing, haha. But I guess he just doesn't know how long I've been around the sport/site/D5, etc...

I sold her a few months ago :-(

Funny thing is, that was my 2nd race out on it that year... I later found out I had a leaky head gasket, which was why she was over heating, but would only run when it was revved out (burning the coolant)... and about casing those jumps... he doesn't have to worry about that, because D class is a no jumping class... lol....

I didn't case this one, that's for sure...

cannondale4life
07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
guys whats this hermann crf like i might trade my 250r for it but idk

racerx573
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by cannondale4life
guys whats this hermann crf like i might trade my 250r for it but idk

I've seen quite a few Herrmann's in my day, and most guys were satisfied with them.

outacontrol
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
wow talk about getting off track... i didnt think putting a simple picture up would cause all this. regardless, the equipment you ride is only as good as the maintenance you do on it, hybrid or production...

racerx573
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
wow talk about getting off track... i didnt think putting a simple picture up would cause all this. regardless, the equipment you ride is only as good as the maintenance you do on it, hybrid or production...

:D AMEN BROTHER!!!

racerx573
07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
I was not insulting you I just thought it was kinda funny. You looked good when the quad was running but I felt bad for you becuase it looked like you were getting really frustrated. I honestly don't care what class I race. I don't really care for the racing I just like to go ride. I practice a few times a week just for the joy of it and I doubt I will even race next season.

Thanks bro. (kinda came off as an insult, and I was in a sh1tty mood when I posted that,lol sorry).I was kinda rusty, since I had only raced 3 races last year and 3 the year before. I took off from full time racing in '05 after joining the Marines and have been trying to get back in the saddle since!

D Class this year... keep that winning motivation, romp on them C class boys next year when your bike is built up. I saw your post with your build. Looks good. Mine will be an '05 too.

Hopefully my 450 will be done by the end of the year, we can hit up some tracks.

Glad to see you're not one of these new school punks, haha. :eek: