PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on an 08 DS450?

450Rydr
07-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for another quad. I'm not looking for any specific brand. And I found a reasonable 08 DS450. I mainly ride desert trails and around the dunes. I'm looking for reliablity & comfort in the ride. What are your pro & cons of your DS450?

Thanks,

141papabear
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I had a 04 450r. My oldest son got back into racing so I let him have it. Went to town to buy another Honda. My mechanic worked at a Can-Am dealer and they were looking to sponsor someone in XC. So we worked out a good deal. Problem was they went out of business about 2 months later. I know a 450r inside and out. There is alot of different things about the Can Am. Not bad just different. The main thing is when I broke something on the Honda I could jump on e-bay and find pages of used parts. The first time I looked for the DS450 there was 2 pages total. I've had minor problems, but really not much more than my Honda. Not near as many problems as I had with my 04 YFZ I bought new. If I had it to do over, and this is just me, I would buy another Honda. Mostly because of the money. I will say it handled ALOT better stock than the Honda did before we work on the front end. Just a thought! Good Luck!!

HOBS DS450
07-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I think you'll find the DS is a great quad but it does have some first year problems. I have not had such problems and I love it. It handles nicely and it has nice power.

Is the quad at a dealer or private sell?

450Rydr
07-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by HOBS DS450

Is the quad at a dealer or private sell?

It's a dealer, Ridenow Powersprts out of Tucson.

HOBS DS450
07-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Just make sure to get the recalls done and it should be fine.

I picked mine up from Ridenow in Chandler. I will never let them touch it again though. Those are the only problems I've had.

450Rydr
07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by HOBS DS450

I picked mine up from Ridenow in Chandler. I will never let them touch it again though. Those are the only problems I've had.

Is it just me or is the Ridenow in Chandler the worst one out of all of them? I picked up my YFZ out of north Phoenix, 101 off of Cave Creek Rd. and the people there are great. The only reason why I don't go there is because it's an hour drive.

HOBS DS450
07-14-2009, 12:05 AM
I had a pretty nice wreck back in May. My throttle suck wide open as I landed coming over a table. Long story short after the cart wheels were over, lol. I found that they had broke a peice of my throttle body and there was a peice of aluminum bouncing around getting suck. I do not go there anymore!!