MotoX_Racer07
07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
more

MotoX_Racer07
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
another

MotoX_Racer07
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Wont let me post anymore on this thread. I am working on a TRX250R motor right now for a c-dale Chassis. This is taking more time due to clearance issues with the rear shock mount. I've cut it out completely and re-constructing a new shock mount. You want the motor straight in the chassis like its designed to be. If its tilted forward nothing is lubricated correctly. Pipe will be the next tricky project. But it can be done to look factory. I am doing little by little. Other priorities come first.

bsmith106
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Nice job on the hybrid c dale, hows it ride. power, gearing, weight feel and vibes? After doing this do you think an R motor would be a better option? A new bike engine seems like a cheaper way to go by the time you get equal power out of an R and replace all the questionable parts to make it reliable. Im aware of the lack of counterbalancer in the 2 stroke bike motors.

MotoX_Racer07
07-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Well as far as vibration, there was problems in the begining. Using a billet cradle was the main problem. It was to solid. Went to a tubular mount and you have to rubber mount all of the pipe mounts. Nothing on the pipe can be solid or it will shake your teeth out. The power is good no complaints there. The gearing is tough to get right. I wish someone made a gear kit to make it more usable for a quad. I'm running 13-42 gearing with 18 inch tires and its great for track or tight courses. But it only tops probably at 45 with that gearing. Runs out of gears quick. The reason I am building one with the TRX-R motor is because parts are just plain cheap now. Plus I want another challenging project. The R motor is more difficult then the CR motor, way more fabrication and clearence issues. But I have everything to do it so it will be done, its just taking time. The pipe will be the hardest. I just like to keep a factory look. I'm not one to cobble things together. If it doesn't look right then I'm not going to do it. I will try to get some build photos of the mock up.

bsmith106
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey thanks for the reply. Its sometimes hard to get a straight answer about these things, most of the time its third or fourth hand information. I know id like to see your r build as well as a ride review comparing it to the cr motor hybrid.